Newcomer

Default just got the v955, a lil disappointed ...

Hey i took a lil trip over the weekend and was the first one with my new v955 and i was a little disappointed in its performance. I never encountered a real threat scenario, but just some LEOS runnin around with CO. First was on 2 lane highway with LEO coming at me and a fairly flat surface, which was pretty open and he was running CO Ka rear facing on his car so going in the direction i was traveling and my v955 didnt go off until me and the LEO were just about passing each other, and it went off in full alert then tailed off as distance increased. Second encounter was a few hours ago on the way home on four lane highway separated by grassy median. As i topped a hill it plateaued off and there was 2 LEOs there pulling a car over with one of the havin forward facing CO Ka going, and once again my v955 didnt go off until i was about 50 feet from them, then continued to go off for a while while i passed them. But each time i deff saw the LEO before my detector went off Sad any ideas why? And each time it was in Highway mode.

Advanced Member

could of been instant on and he didn't turn the radar on until he was past you

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

on the second encounter Both cops were out of there cars and it seemed like CO since i picked up for a while after i passed the cops but idk, maybe Ka is too directional and didnt have any large objects to reflect off of ...

Speed Demon

Unfortunately the 955 was not tested for this scenario in the latest GOL test. It would have been good to know as that's exactly what you encountered. Anyway, this is a weakness of most RDs out there so one does have to keep the eyes open and the mind alert.

Just out of curiosity, what mode was the unit in?

Newcomer

It was in highway the whole time, the most sensitive mode i presume? I read a similar thread/problem like mine in the valentine1 section, so i was i thought it just wasnt me and other detectors would react similarly to mine

Speed Demon

What version is your 955 ? Press City and BRT while powering up. :roll:

Newcomer

version 6.3, i think the latest one. I also got a passport x50 last week and took a trip with both of them, found a couple stationary vehicles and ran by them a few times (each powered up separate) and on the one LEO each gave me a .9 mile warning over a slight hill and little turn but straight and flat for the most part which was cool that the v955 kept of good but on a rather steep downward hill with LEO at bottom shooting upwards each gave me very little warning before i saw the LEO, maybe 100 feet