Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in love!!

Lead Foot

Default I'm in love!!

Hey everyone, as you may or may not have known, I recently purchased the STi Driver after doing/having a multitude of research and skepticism. I was originally going to go for the Valentine 1, but since I live in the boonies where hills and nasty curves are a problem, and I drive company vehicles all day, I wanted something with better off-axis detection and stealth. Remember those charger cops with the 33.8Ka radar that I always B&M'ed about it not detecting with my older 8500X50 until LOS? Well today my STi gave me about 1/2 mile warning for 33.8ka from a charger, around a 90 degree curve too! So I guess in some instances the 33.8Ghz bug doesn't always rear it's ugly head *shrugs* But either way, I'm totally in love with it :-D I've already loaned out my trusty old X50 to my sister as she had a $30 crapra, and I figured I'd do other RD owners a favor and save them the falses from it

Edit: with 34.7, it has been nothing EXCEPT line of sight at the MOST Not going to bother with sending it in for repair...

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: I'm in love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    Hey everyone, as you may or may not have known, I recently purchased the STi Driver after doing/having a multitude of research and skepticism. I was originally going to go for the Valentine 1, but since I live in the boonies where hills and nasty curves are a problem, and I drive company vehicles all day, I wanted something with better off-axis detection and stealth. Remember those charger cops with the 33.8Ka radar that I always B&M'ed about it not detecting with my older 8500X50 until LOS? Well today my STi gave me about 1/2 mile warning for 33.8ka from a charger, around a 90 degree curve too! So I guess in some instances the 33.8Ghz bug doesn't always rear it's ugly head *shrugs* But either way, I'm totally in love with it :-D I've already loaned out my trusty old X50 to my sister as she had a $30 crapra, and I figured I'd do other RD owners a favor and save them the falses from it
    Great choice the STI is one hell of a detector
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Scratonicity Groupie

enjoy. keep us updated.

Power User

What's the newest rev/version for the STi?

VenOmizer, what's your STi rev/version?

Power User

I had tried the STi before - early one that came out and had to return it due to too much false alerts with Ka band when encoutering other RD's. As you know false alerts depend on how many RD users in your area. Thanks for the update though. Does your STi false a lot with ka band?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits
    I had tried the STi before - early one that came out and had to return it due to too much false alerts with Ka band when encoutering other RD's. As you know false alerts depend on how many RD users in your area. Thanks for the update though. Does your STi false a lot with ka band?
    The STi antifalsing algorithms were completely reworked between Revs A3 and A4. I've driven an STi nearly 70,000 miles starting with Rev A2 and I can say with confidence that the STi of today rejects nearly all other detectors, doesn't false on Ka, well the STi just doesn't False. If it is alerting it's picking up a radar, it may be a door opener, but it isn't a Cobra, Whistler, Uniden, or old Bel.

Lead Foot

Default Re: I'm in love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    Welcome to the Stealth side (or some call it the dark side)

Your driving conditions sound like mine. Curvy Highways with the LEO just loving to hid right around the bend!! But because of the nice Off-Axis detection with the STi, Im able to receive the signal before the curve.

I run mine in Autoscan and have been very happy with it, and it almost seems too quiet.

Im going on a 2hr drive today so maybe I'll come across some hits.

Lead Foot

What's the newest rev/version for the STi?

VenOmizer, what's your STi rev/version?
    M4A9 and manufactured in 2307.

For the other question no it does not false around other RD's unless pop is on, and even then its once in a blue moon. With pop OFF, it's quiet as a mouse. But I leave if off of autoscan sense moving X band is being used more and more through here, and for one of them while in autoscan, it started to alert at around 3 or 4 with a straight road. But in highway, good grief...it alerted for a LONG time before I saw him starting out at 1. I got hit twice with it yesterday morning on vietnam vets (TN-386) once by an unmarked, another by a "constable". Needless to say, as with my X50, I don't trust autoscan fully just yet.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    The STi antifalsing algorithms were completely reworked between Revs A3 and A4. I've driven an STi nearly 70,000 miles starting with Rev A2 and I can say with confidence that the STi of today rejects nearly all other detectors, doesn't false on Ka, well the STi just doesn't False. If it is alerting it's picking up a radar, it may be a door opener, but it isn't a Cobra, Whistler, Uniden, or old Bel.
    That's great. Looks like i have to go with STi then instead of the 9500i.