Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Talked w/ CS at Bel, there is no 33.8 update for the STi

Yesterday, I was on the phone w/ the CS rep from Bel, asked her about the 33.8 mhz bug on the STi. She said she didn't know. I asked about an update available for the STi on this. She said there is no need for an update on the STi. I didn't want to argue so I let it be. So there you have it folks, no July update on the 33.8 bug for the STi.

Lead Foot

My STi yesterday detected a 33.8 Instant On at exactly 1 mile.

I'll keep that bug.

Professional

There is no update because nothing is wrong with it. And I know..."but, but the tests show that, blah blah blah"

Radar Fanatic

I certainly have no problem on any Ka band frequecies with my RX65. Also i am pretty sure that most of these test with the RX65 are using Intl mode.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    I certainly have no problem on any Ka band frequecies with my RX65. Also i am pretty sure that most of these test with the RX65 are using Intl mode.
    Yipee :!: Um, but the thread is about the STi and not about the RX65.
    The only relation the STi has to the RX65 is the name on the case. The internals posted by Jimbonzzz show without question that the STi is a completely different animal.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Talked w/ CS at Bel, there is no 33.8 update for the STi

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Yesterday, I was on the phone w/ the CS rep from Bel, asked her about the 33.8 mhz bug on the STi. She said she didn't know. I asked about an update available for the STi on this. She said there is no need for an update on the STi. I didn't want to argue so I let it be. So there you have it folks, no July update on the 33.8 bug for the STi.
    The CS reps may not be in the know. I'd watch for the release of the STi-R (remote). It would be my guess that Bel would update the code across the board for the STi family at that time. Of course there isn't any reason to believe that the Rev numbers will change. Software revisions aren't typically limited to just 1 digit. There of course could be several numbers as in A4.1234 or M9.0001. Who can know?
    One thing for sure is that you can always call and ask for a RA and pay the cash to have your unit "fixed". Just that I would say that it doesn't detect K and Ka or something like that. Likely the service techs update the code to the latest Rev, especially since others have reported that their A3M8 came back repaired and updated to A4M9.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    There is no update because nothing is wrong with it. And I know..."but, but the tests show that, blah blah blah"
    If you say so. In the real world I do not think that an STI owner has much to worry about unless the LEO uses a hill to attenuate the signal to the extreme case. Chances of this happening I believe is rare but not as rare as someone getting nailed with POP.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Founder of Stealthvation

Remember that CS's at most companies are trained BS'ers. The better the BS they give the higher up the corporate ladder they move. Sales people typically have no clue about the details of the product they sell. The good sales people (extremely rare to find) usually know the product that they sell inside out but your average sales person has ZILCH technical knowledge. Next time we have a GOL event we are ONLY going to invite technical people from companies not BS artists AKA sales people. My point is if they told you your STI has a human brain inside are you going to believe them?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Remember that CS's at most companies are trained BS'ers. The better the BS they give the higher up the corporate ladder they move. Sales people typically have no clue about the details of the product they sell. The good sales people (extremely rare to find) usually know the product that they sell inside out but your average sales person has ZILCH technical knowledge. Next time we have a GOL event we are ONLY going to invite technical people from companies not BS artists AKA sales people. My point is if they told you your STI has a human brain inside are you going to believe them?
    X2. i would take Roy's word over any CS BS'er anyday :!: :idea:

Why would a man that you are going to purchase a $450 Rd from tell you to wait bc there will more than likely be an unnanounced fix... BECAUSE HE CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER! ROY IS A GREAT GUY

Lead Foot

Besides the field test, can you show me 1 post where an STi user is having issues with 33.8?