Professional

Default hardwire bel 925 power cord?

first post :twisted:
    not too long ago i bought a bel 925 for some basic radar detection capabilities.. so what was included in the box was a coiled power cord, none of the rj11 stuff here, just a basic adapter.

now, i want to hardwire this unit into the car, using the cig adapter still..i want to minimize splicing into the car's wiring. is there a place i can buy a hardwire kit for the 925..or is there another [uncoiled] power cord i can use instead? i don't know if any other detectors use similar power cords as the 925.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: hardwire bel 925 power cord?

Quote Originally Posted by cell21633
    first post :twisted:
    not too long ago i bought a bel 925 for some basic radar detection capabilities.. so what was included in the box was a coiled power cord, none of the rj11 stuff here, just a basic adapter.

now, i want to hardwire this unit into the car, using the cig adapter still..i want to minimize splicing into the car's wiring. is there a place i can buy a hardwire kit for the 925..or is there another [uncoiled] power cord i can use instead? i don't know if any other detectors use similar power cords as the 925.

I'm almost certain that the hardwire kit sold at Bestbuy has a tip for the Bel express in it. I think it's around $10.

Professional

are you talking about one of these/
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1074787382733

bb online doesn't sell radar detectors, but i know the stores themselves do. would they specifically carry a kit for the express/ or would i have to use one of those universal adapters/

also, i do not know what the polarity on the plug is. which would be the pos and neg lead/

Newcomer

You can get just a cord with the plug on one end, try Rat Shack or a truck stop, add an inline fuse on the + side, 1 amp fuse, the center conductor on the plug is positive.