Default Old Bel 855 Sti saved my butt

Justed wanted to inform that in Hong Kong they are using laser guns only to detect the speeding drivers setting up in blind corners and lon straights. Managed to borrow an old 855 Sti which have 4 laser alerts as I was driving in the curving rounds.

I slowed down within the 1st alert and looked around, 500 feet later around a corner was a poilce behind a tree shooting at every driver who went past. Lucky I sloweed from 70 - 50 km/h, i have only 3 points left on the license.

Planning to upgrade to a RX65 soon. :P

Yoda of Radar

Cool, an 855STi. I have one of those, loved it until it blew up one day :x

Mine has not blown up yet. Fingers crossed!!

The range is not exactly brilliant .. too many falses etc. But my primary use is laser detection which works never the less. Police here do not clock drivers over 400m.

Usually I don;t speed where I know there are fixed cameras.
    Thinking of buying a RX55 or RX65 because they are using mobile cameras which look like missile launchers!! 855STi does not seem to detct them..wierd.

Radar Fanatic

Talk about old Bel RDs- who remembers the Bel Legend 3? I dont even recall when I purchased it. (it no longer works). This was way back when Bel-Tronics was still located in Canada. The Rd may not still work but the suction cups do. Drive safely and happy motoring.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by bricheun
    Thinking of buying a RX55 or RX65 because they are using mobile cameras which look like missile launchers!! 855STi does not seem to detct them..wierd.
    I think that you consider this one:

Am I right?

Speed Demon

Not a bad radar detector:

Here is how it rated back in the day:

Power User

I have an old 880 here and the laser detection on that seriously kicks my RX65,s butt. I almose wanna install the 880 with only laser turned on and run the rx65 for radar only.

If I only ran laser on with all other bands turned off would the detector still have a LO leak for the spectre to pick up?? or would it be stealth??

Quote Originally Posted by T-T
    Quote Originally Posted by bricheun
    I think that you consider this one:

Am I right?
    Yes you are right, they frighening!!
    I have seem them hidden in bushes with camoflauge!

Experienced

Well, this is the Swiss Multanova. It is a hardly detectable low-powered photo radar and emit not more than 0.5mW (!) only on 34.300GHz (Ka Narrow Band).

If you choose RX-65 it could alert you below 200m only. If this radar is common in your country then I could suppose to buy a Valentine1 because according to my experience its range of detection near to double on this european photo radar.

Professional

They have these multanovas in HK all over the place. They even have them in photo boxes which are fixed 24 hours a day.

My X50 barely gives much warning also. But i heard from other places on this forum that the V1 won't do much better than the X50 of the RX65?