Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default bel vector sti AU-NZ....anyone knows it?

hey,
    I just brought a bel vector sti au-nz, but cant found much info on it! does anyone knows hows the performance of it?will this better the RMR?
    thanks
    kenny

Yoda of Radar

It will better an RMR that is for sure. Not sure if I'd want to run one in AU or NZ unless you're in WA :wink:

Experienced

It's remind me something very similar...
    It has almost the same appearance with the great Bel Euro 550!
    This is a picture of Bel Euro 550:

If it has the same performance with Bel Euro 550 then you have an excellent tool in your hands 8)
    But check if these models, cover all the bands of your area. For Europe is one of the best solutions!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by christosxo
    It's remind me something very similar...
    It has almost the same appearance with the great Bel Euro 550!
    This is a picture of Bel Euro 550:

If it has the same performance with Bel Euro 550 then you have an excellent tool in your hands 8)
    But check if these models, cover all the bands of your area. For Europe is one of the best solutions!
    Cool!!!thanks
    many people say only KA band is used in New Zealand, so i guess i have the best?thanks

Newcomer

this is something i have come across with

1999 BEL Vector Sti
    One of the first of a new breed of programmable radar detectors.
    Dual patented FMT (Fundamental Mixer Technology)
    FMT uses a fundamental mixer response to achieve maximum sensitivity for each radar (X,K and Ka) In addition to providing excellent sensitivity, BEL incorporate a new process for ensuring selectivity. It's called RSV and it eliminates intermediate frequency interference - a common source of falsing.
    BEL-TRONICS LIMITED

BEL Vector Sti Important Note: This is a Superwideband X, K, Ka Radar detector and should not be confused with any earlier models of BEL radar detector.
    Laser Speed Guns. Because of this developing technology, and the instant-on nature of laser, no claims are made for performance against these guns other than the ability to detect the gun when it is aimed at the detector.
    1. P/V (Power/Volume) Button: pressing p/v briefly will turn your unit on or off. Continuing to press the p/v button will change the audio level.
    2. Text Message Display: communicates all mode selections (i.e. DIM, DARK, CITY, HIGHWAY and AUTOMUTE) and confirms Radar band, signal strength and presence of Laser.
    3. DRK (Dim/Dark) Button: provides dim or dark settings of the Text Display for discreet night travel. Audio alerts are not affected.
    4. AUD (Audio Mute) Button: provides automatic and manual muting of X, K and Super Wideband Ka alerts.
    5. CTY (City/Highway) Button: minimizes unwanted X, K or Ka band alerts without reducing sensitivity.
    6. Antenna Opening: Radar signals are received by a patented diecast antenna with integrated transition to microstrip mixer.
    7. Laser Optical Sensors: collect Laser signals from in front and behind.
    8. Audio Alert Speaker: all audible alerts are emitted from this location.
    9. Power Jack: using the straight or coiled cord, VECTOR STi operates in any vehicle with a 13.8 volt DC negative ground system (11.6 volt to 16 volt range).
    10. Accessory Panel: remove to insert visor or windshield mount.

SELECTABLE FEATURES MODE:
    F1. With the unit OFF, press and hold the CTY button, then press the P/V button. The word "FEATURES" will appear in the display and a short audible "beep" will sound indicating you are now in the Selectable Features Mode.
    F2. Immediately after the "beep", the display will show the status of the X Band Frequency: "X ON" or "X OFF". Press the AUD button to select ON or OFF for this feature.
    F3. Pressing the CTY button again moves to the next Selectable Feature: K Band Frequency. The display will show either "K ON" or "K OFF". Press the AUD button to select ON or OFF for this feature.
    F4. Pressing the CTY button again moves to the next Selectable Feature: Ka Band Frequency. The display will show either "Ka ON" or "Ka OFF". Press the AUD button to select ON or OFF for this feature.
    F5. Pressing the CTY button again moves to the next Selectable Feature: Ka Wide/Ka Narrow. The display will show either "Ka wide" or "Ka narrow". Press the AUD button to select ON or OFF for this feature.
    F6. Pressing the CTY button again moves to the next Selectable Feature: Power On Test Sequence Standard/Power On Test Sequence Alternate. The display will show either "POS std" or "POS alt". Press the AUD button to select ON or OFF for this feature.
    F7. Press the P/V button to exit Selectable Features Mode. Two "beeps" confirm that you have exited this mode and either "HIGHWAY" or "CITY" will be presented in the display, based on your previous selection.
    SUMMARY OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES
    1. Fundamental Mixer Technology, FMT: Maximizes sensitivity by using a fundamental mixer response for the detection of each radar band.
    2. Radar Signal Verification, RSV: Automatically eliminates falsing caused by reception of Intermediate Frequencies.
    FUNDAMENTAL MIXER TECHNOLOGY (FMT)
    FMT is a dual patent design that dramatically improves detection range. It's revolutionary because it uses the Fundamental Mixer Response to detect each radar frequency.
    RADAR SIGNAL VERIFICATION (RSV)
    Your unit also offers improved selectivity by using an advanced signal processing technique known as Radar Signal. Verification RSV automatically eliminates a common source of falsing caused by IF (Intermediate Frequency) interference by verifying whether a detected signal is police radar or random IF interference.
    GENERAL GUIDELINES
    Because radar signals easily pass through glass, your unit can effectively detect police radar whether mounted on your vehicle's dash, visor or windshield. However, radar signals are reflected by metal surfaces and metal coated plastics.
    Therefore, do not mount your unit directly behind windshield wipers or mirrored sun screens which block radar signals and can substantially reduce warning range. MI.

Lead Foot

Fantastic RD, I use to own one,till it died.

Experienced

Cool!!!thanks
    many people say only KA band is used in New Zealand, so i guess i have the best?thanks
    Ι think in New Zeland you have multanova 6f which is working at Ka 34.30 (narrow Ka band). The EURO 550 has a very good detection at this.
    But to be sure search in this forum and you will find what police use in New Zeland and then make disable the frequencies that doesn't use there

Newcomer

Cool!!!thanks
    Ι think in New Zeland you have multanova 6f which is working at Ka 34.30 (narrow Ka band). The EURO 550 has a very good detection at this.
    But to be sure search in this forum and you will find what police use in New Zeland and then make disable the frequencies that doesn't use there

Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed
    We have the in car Stalker Dual radars running at 34.7 GHz Ka and the photo radars that I've seen at 34.6 and 34.3 GHz Ka.

We also have various types of laser.

There's a sticky up on top of this forum on the various iterations of the V1.

How is your V1 performing now?
    so which Ka should i use?thanks

Experienced

If you are sure 100% that you have only these Ka bands and laser guns you should disable all the other bands(X,K,Ku) and enable all Ka bands,Ka narrow and laser.
    For laser you should get a laser jammer...

Newcomer

If you are sure 100% that you have only these Ka bands and laser guns you should disable all the other bands(X,K,Ku) and enable all Ka bands,Ka narrow and laser.
    For laser you should get a laser jammer...
    it does give out some fault KA