Thread: STi vs. V1 35.5

Speed Demon

Default STi vs. V1 35.5

I received my STi today and went hunting for radar. I first went to a known K band source which was a new CVS which has very noisy k band. I can detect it from a quarter mile away. My V1 definately outperforms my STi on k band. The V1 seems to be able to detect k band extremely well off axis from shopping centers. 35.5 KA was a completely different story. I found some LEO's that were running radar while talking. I did about 8 passes. The STi detected KA between .1 and .15 of a mile quicker. This may not seem like much, but in the city it seemed like a tremendous advantage. What suprised me the most is the STi continued to alert farther as I passed the LEO's. I thought the my V1 would be much better because of it's rear facing antenna.

Scratonicity Groupie

if you ran them at the same time then the results are not valid. I had a forward facing encounter the other day and I was running my V1 & STi together. The STi alerted almost a mile ahead of the V1, so I did some investigating.

when I got into town I noticed that the V1 was not alerting to a common K band source. so I turned the STi off & reset the V1 and did the run again, against the K band doors. V1 was back to normal.

Yoda of Radar

Were you running them together?

Good Citizen

The question I have is:

If the STi has no leakage would it interfere with the V1? The V1 could def interfere with the STi

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    The question I have is:

If the STi has no leakage would it interfere with the V1? The V1 could def interfere with the STi
    :?:

Speed Demon

I was running them together. Why would the Bel interfere if it doesn't leak RF?

Good Citizen

I'm saying in Theory when running the V1 and STi together, the V1 should suffer no degradation if there is no leakage from the STi. The STi on the other hand has to filter the leakage from the V1. This would make the STi's detection ability suffer while the V1's should not.

Speed Demon

Sorry, I was agreeing with you.

Radar Fanatic

Rmember the V1 is probably much closer to the STi than any Spectre would be so there is more potential for interference.

Based on what thestaton posted it does appear that the STi interferes with the V1.

I do know that other BELs like the 985 will cause major desensitization of the V1 on 35.5!

GTO_04