Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

How about the RX65? Any new S7's out there?

Good Citizen

M-TEK, I’m calling you out.

So far of anyone to respond, my 955 is the most recently produced in 2607 and it is an M4, so that craps on you theory.

Furthermore, I am trying to get to the bottom of something here and if you don’t have anything substantial to contribute then stop posting. Also, please remove your 1-page sti review and put it in another thread where it might be relevant.

As I said in the kickoff post. Lets stay on topic and no BS, you too stamp

Good stuff to everyone else, bkrell, your theory is a possibility; I actually think they are doing the same thing to the rx-55 by putting the old m2 horn in it. Purely speculation here, but if they got a bunch of old horns lying around, why throw them away when they are still perfectly functional.

Good Citizen

yea, most everyone that has responded has been 955's

where are the rx65's/995's/965's Hello?

Speed Demon

Hey, no need for hostility. MEM-TEK is just pointing out we've seen lots of S7's put in 07 units when prevailing wisdom is they stopped producing them in 06. Whether it's an about-face, last gasp, sneaky refurbs, or whatever by Bel, who knows. But they sure didn't stop making them in 06 as everyone had declared previously. And, if the hype is to be believed, I'm glad! If I were in the market for a new detector, I'd be waddling over to Circuit City and inspecting boxes for the FCC ID as it's on the outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDom
    M-TEK, I’m calling you out.

So far of anyone to respond, my 955 is the most recently produced in 2607 and it is an M4, so that craps on you theory.
    Hardly at all. All Vector and RX series radar detectors (except the remote RX versions) with the M4 horn are physically and electronically identical inside. The only difference is what specific features are enabled during the flashing of the on-board microprocessor. Likewise, the same applies for all later Vector and RX series radar detectors (except the remote RX versions) which have the S7 horn. Since members in this thread and in other threads have purchased Vector and RX radar detectors fairly recently which have the S7 horn, I still think that Bel either never completely discontinued the S7 platform or that they could be bringing it back.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDom
    Furthermore, I am trying to get to the bottom of something here and if you don’t have anything substantial to contribute then stop posting. Also, please remove your 1-page sti review and put it in another thread where it might be relevant.

As I said in the kickoff post. Lets stay on topic and no BS, you too stamp
    You seem to definitely be at the bottom of something! Nevertheless, the purpose of this forum is to help out radar detector owners by answering their questions. While my STi review was off topic, I posted it in your thread to quickly answer stamp4's question since he (like you) is a newcomer, and also because I thought that even you might be curious about how the Vector and RX series radar detectors perform relative to the STi.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    Bel can't put the really old M2 horn in the RX-55 because that horn was part of a totally different platform which won't fit within the RX-55's case, and because the M2 platform doesn't support the inherent features of the S7 or M4 platforms. So, that blows your little theory out of the water.

As far as old horns laying around and not throwing them away, Bel would have to have complete older platforms laying around since setting up the production line to once again produce the older boards wouldn't be economical.
    ***** BS ALERT *****

FACT: The RX-55 uses the M2 receiver, NOT the S7 or M4.
    So evidently, they're not having any problems fitting it in the case or supporting the required features

Good Citizen

as i was saying...

(i can take a pic of the back of my 55 where it says 'm2' if you'd like)

keep your BS out of this thead M-TECK, no 'hostility', just leave it alone.

Speed Demon

Y'all can sit around arguing all day or offer a reason as to WHY there are still S7 horns floating around as of spring of this year. No one's really answered that yet.

Newcomer

yeh considering this post originaly wanted people to give the manufacturing date and fcc id # for comparison.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    Bel can't put the really old M2 horn in the RX-55 because that horn was part of a totally different platform which won't fit within the RX-55's case, and because the M2 platform doesn't support the inherent features of the S7 or M4 platforms. So, that blows your little theory out of the water.

As far as old horns laying around and not throwing them away, Bel would have to have complete older platforms laying around since setting up the production line to once again produce the older boards wouldn't be economical.
    ***** BS ALERT *****

FACT: The RX-55 uses the M2 receiver, NOT the S7 or M4.
    So evidently, they're not having any problems fitting it in the case or supporting the required features

It does seem easy to see the RX-55 having the M2 since the RX55 is much lighter than the other units, it feels like it is empty inside (and also seems to perform as well :P)