Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default ULTIMATE -S7- vs -M4- thread (it had to be done...)

Alright it has to be done, im tired of seeing all of this BS around.
    I see alot of people crying and trying to justify that one is better than the other with no hard facts.

Please do Not respond unless you have the answer to one of these 3 questions:

1. For statistics purposes: If you got a 955/965/995/rx65 in the past year, When was it produced and with what Horn S7 or M4?

2. Do you have any comparisons between the 2 diff horns?
    (besides that foam off axis gol test)

3. 2007 GOL RadarDetector Test:
    The v955 that was used, was it an M4 or an S7?
    The RX-65 that was used, was it an M4 or an S7?
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/march-200...ctor-test.html

also, after answering a question feel free to add you opinion on the the whole situation. but be sure to say "OPINION:" followed by your opinion. so that people will not confuse opinions with facts like is wrongly done all too much.

thankyou

Good Citizen

955 produced 2607 (June2007) M4 ver6.3

OPINION:
    the only statement that i have read on this forum comparing the 2 that didnt use a mine-is-better-than-yours adittude was jimbonzzz when he said: I don't know why people seem to think that the S7 Rev 5's are the "good" ones, while they think the M4's Rev 6.1 and later are the "bad" ones. Yeah the Rev 5's were slightly more sensitive on K-Band, but compare the two on Ka 35.5 and you'll just get the opposite. And overall, there's really not a lot of difference between the two.

Also i think that the only comparison ive seen of the 2: the gol off axis foam test was not an accuate "real world" comparison for many reasons (no offense to the gol please)

If there is ever an actual M4 vs S7 comparison there would have to be 3 of each to be compared so that one wouldnt become the "winner" over a slight variance.

Speed Demon

S7 Made 1107

Bel V955

That's MARCH 2007!!!!

V995 with S7, made in 4506.

On-axis, the S7 horn performed better than the M4 horn for all bands in GOL's off-axis tests. The S7 horn generally performed somewhat better off-axis as well.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    On-axis, the S7 horn performed better than the M4 horn for all bands in GOL's off-axis tests. The S7 horn generally performed somewhat better off-axis as well.
    Are there typos in this post?? Maybe it's just me, but it seems really confusing....

Good Citizen

forgetaboutit he didnt listen.
    I dont want to talk about the off axis test, it was comparing an x50 S7 to a 9500i M4(which u all know is a different breed, it is designed to be a 'quite')

Im taking about comparing similar detectors with diff horns. which is why i am foccusing on the Bel Family

Bottom line: U gotta keep One thing Constant to compare another!

Scratonicity Groupie

What about lab numbers when both where put on a bench would that help?

Speed Demon

Beltronics Vector 955: 2606 (July 06) S7 Horn, Ver 4.5

Experienced

I have the V995 S7 horn made april 2006

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDom
    Also i think that the only comparison ive seen of the 2: the gol off axis foam test was not an accuate "real world" comparison for many reasons (no offense to the gol please)
    I don't think you will get good data in a "real world" scenario specially when comparing these 2 platforms the S7 and M4 horns. You have to freeze everything around you to make conclusive datas that one is better than the other and that is impossible.

All if not all first alert is a reflected, refracted, bounced signal that causes inconsistencies with moving vehcles which is "real world" scenarios. To truely find out which one is better, test should be done in a controlled environtment. Otherwise, the data gathered will not have a valid outcome.

My suggestion is to let Michael B do the sensitivity test in his lab usnig S7 and M4 horns. I will trust the results that way rather than doing "real world" stuff that is very inconsistent.

I will go with thestaton's recomendation and i tjhink it's the best way to test it.