Default Do RX65 V6.3 Self Cal and Service Required ?

The Belscort 8500 series came out in, I think, 2001.
    Six years later Belscort still has not gotten their act straight with "Self Cal" "Service Required" issues. :roll: :twisted:

I tried a V1 a few years back but it was not for me. May be I should take another look now. There is no third player currently. So I am considering a RX65 V6.3 but do not want to waste big bucks for another "Service Required".

I would appreciate it if you would let us know either your V6.3 "Service Required" or not.

Professional

I can only speak on what i use myself.I have a RX65 ver. 6.1 and it has worked flawless.It comes with a 1 year warranty and get the extended warranty and you'll be fine.No one can say for sure if you'll get the self cal message.Some get it some don't.

Newcomer

Just wanted to chime in and say that I had of the the early RX65(ver 3.1 I think) and it worked great until a week ago.Got the Service Required message,I would unplug it and it would be ok.Well the message appears no matter what I do now and it wouldn't pick up any band at all.Called Bel and got a srvice order number.I was told that they would fix that problem,flash it to the new firmware and do a refurb on it.Well see,when I get it back. I never knew how lost I am without it until it was gone. I'll be glad to get the new firmware.I belive the old firm was my problem.

Speed Demon

I think the service req issue was fixed like 9 months ago!!

How long have you guys own your units?

The "Self Cal" thing appears more and more frequently as time pasts. It looks like planned obsolescence/hidden cost.

I have other detector from 15+ years ago and I am pretty sure it still works.

Newcomer

Mine is around two years old.The SERVICE REQUIRED message gradually
    became more and more persistent over the last few weeks.I could unplug it and it would work again.Then it got to the point where no matter what I did the message would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Death to Left Lane Hogs
    How long have you guys own your units?

The "Self Cal" thing appears more and more frequently as time pasts. It looks like planned obsolescence/hidden cost.

I have other detector from 15+ years ago and I am pretty sure it still works.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Do RX65 V6.3 Self Cal and Service Required ?

Six years later Belscort still has not gotten their act straight with "Self Cal" "Service Required" issues. :roll: :twisted:

I tried a V1 a few years back but it was not for me. May be I should take another look now. There is no third player currently. So I am considering a RX65 V6.3 but do not want to waste big bucks for another "Service Required".

I would appreciate it if you would let us know either your V6.3 "Service Required" or not.
    Why did you not like the V1?

Default Re: Do RX65 V6.3 Self Cal and Service Required ?

Quote Originally Posted by davekr

Why did you not like the V1?
    It was the 2000 or 2001 version.
    Like the matrix/text display better.
    Too much false for me.
    Head phone jack required extra module and $$$.
    HATED that big mounting bracket.
    Arrows: No big deal.

Yoda of Radar

I had my Rx 65 for 2 hrs before I got the self cal display..... :roll: :roll: