Thread: New STI $399.99

Newcomer

Default New STI $399.99

I stopped in Van Horn, TX at Love's truck stop and they were selling the STI for $399.99. The sign said this price untill the end of the month.
    Bob

Lead Foot

Default Re: New STI $399.99

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I stopped in Van Horn, TX at Love's truck stop and they were selling the STI for $399.99. The sign said this price untill the end of the month.
    Bob

Juat check the manufacturing date before you buy. There was a recent revision of the software, they may have to be sent in.

Newcomer

I already have one but I did not know you could get them at discount prices. I ordered mine from the factory with the extended warrenty.
    Bob

Professional

That is odd because typically the manufacture stipulates the retail price, hence the reason many dislike fleabay.

I would like to think they are not an authorized seller or have special permission from Bel?

Even if it needs a software update, if they are authorized to sell the STi you have warranty and the software upgrade is covered.

I had them send me a new smart cord direct wire adapter due to the inconvinience of being without my STi for 3 weeks.

Radar Fanatic

Bob
    I have been to that truck stop in Van Horn many times and I like the one called Petro (close enough) just off interstate I-20 in Weatherford Texas.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Roadghost
    Bob

Juat check the manufacturing date before you buy. There was a recent revision of the software, they may have to be sent in.
    Before you buy :?: :roll:
    I just checked the box for my STI received from Roy last Sept ('06) and no such manufacturing date, on the box you have the serial # w/out the mfg date, only on the STI itself, on the back, you have the full serial # including the mfg date (last 4 digits)... so you gotta open the box to see if you have the STI with the latest firmware (33.8 fix)...

Lead Foot

i have seen STI on " Pilot , road ranger, van h , flying J " mostly for $449 and their were time i was tempted to just get the STI from a gas station but i don't want to take any risk cuz you never know if they are updated flash or wondering how long [ many days ] its sitting there .... so the safe is to order them through Bell or Roy which will cost you $478 with 2 days shipping ... i bought mine on Canadian visa so that saved me some money .... because of the conversation rate ...

Speed Demon

The sale is off at Loves or someone hasn't put out the discount. I stopped in two (one in Tx and one in La) and saw the $449 price again.

I did see the $399 price at the beginning of the month....They were sold out, anyway, btw....

Radar Fanatic

When I went to Talladega 2-3 weeks ago I decided to see if those big truck stops that carry the STI have it with one of the latest software so I asked the manager of a Pilot gas station in Ohio to open a box for me and... 34/07 (the latest flash)... but: no return/refund, straight exchange or credit for the exact amount of money... so be aware of the truck stops :wink: