Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RX65 vs. Vector 955

I am in the market for a radar detector, since I run the PA Turnpike 1000 miles/month. I am in a toss up between the RX 65 and the Vector 955. I am not sure which would be better for me, other than obviously assuming that the more expensive one might be better. I ask for all the help that everyone is willing to give. Thanks.

Speed Demon

Basically the same detection range. The Pro RX-65 is fully customizable, though. If you're wanting to save money, get the 955. If you want buckets of features, get the 65.

Professional

I have another suggestion as a user of the Turnpike. I use the threat display on my RX 65, and the turnpike is littered with K drones. However, since the RX 65 can only show one K alert at a time, a cop could easily hide near a drone and the RX 65 would only see one alert. After traveling the turnpike, you will get used to the locations of the drones and know when they alert, and it would be easy to just speed past an alert, as you would assume it was an drone. I would suggest the Passport 8500 X50, as it can show more than one K alert at a time and it also has the automute and mute button like the RX 65. The ramp up on the X 50 is so much better compared to the RX 65, and is similar in price to the Rx 65. Be careful on the turnpike, the cops really know how to use instant on K band. Also the X 50 rates slightly better on K band detection over the RX 65.

Newcomer

Get V1.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by decemb3r
    Get V1.
    54 posts and already a V1 zombie. They get infected fast around here!

Banned

It’s like the black plague.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238
    It’s like the black plague.
    Are these guys on commission or something?? Or is this the nature of the virus?

Professional

Ya know i just don't understand why some of us don't understand that the V1 isn't for everyone.Yes it is a great detector with great sensitivity and arrows,but not everyone wants a V1.If someone ask which is the better of the two and a V1 wasn't in the question,why can't we just answer them back with one of their options instead of throwing another detector into the mix.Sometimes people just want a simple answer to the question they posted.If they where interested in a V1,they would of said so.

Banned

Quote of the week!

I kinda look at the V1 as the really hot chick, you start dating her and you find out she's crazy. A huge part of you want's to still date her, but the rational side of you knows you can't stand her.

Yoda of Radar

Default I Totally Agree

I have an SRX. I'm sure if I had asked what remote detector I should get, someone would have said, "Get a V1". I drive a convertible, so mounting a RD high to hide its' presence is not possible. I just prefer that the LEO that pulls me over not see a RD on my windshield. Just a preference. I realize that RD's are legal in Cali, but the slim chance of getting out of a ticket is reduced to none once a RD is spotted.

I am probably going to get a 9500i, since I travel a lot for work. The last thing I need when I travel is a RD that goes off all the time. Since I don't travel to any one place enough to get a feel for all the falses, what I need is a RD that will tell me when I should slow down and not much else. From my research, that does not describe a V1. From what I read, the 9500i seems to be the most advanced RD out there, but don't even try to tell that to a V1 user.