Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default No ka pop protection?

after reading roys 2005 sml test, it seems the bel vectors (995, 895) cant pick up ka pop? say it aint so.....

Speed Demon

Default Re: No ka pop protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo246
    after reading roys 2005 sml test, it seems the bel vectors (995, 895) cant pick up ka pop? say it aint so.....
    I was going to look at a 995 for some testing but if sml said that it did not see pop then I will just have to take there word for it.

Or maybe if someone on this forum has a 995 they can tell us if the 995 really can see pop mode.

Advanced Member

I have run into POP with my 995 but then again I wasn't sure if it was Ka or K....after seeing SML results I'm pretty sure that it must be K-band

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I have run into POP with my 995 but then again I wasn't sure if it was Ka or K....after seeing SML results I'm pretty sure that it must be K-band
    Does anyone know if pop is really even being used. I have heard that pop mode really is not even a issue as cops can use it but they can't issue tickets wihen indeed the bee 3 is in the pop mode.

Also I know that pop is in use around here it might only be for testing only but my friend said that he was almost sure the cop was using pop mode. Remember I was not there so I can't say for sure if he was right or wrong but I just wanted to post to see how others feel as I don't even think the cops can issue tickets. I have also heard that pop is only really being used in one or two states?.

Newcomer

well it is in use here in ny which i didnt know till i did some research (see my other post http://www.radardetector.net/once-yo.......-3450t.php) but yes, "technically" they cant issue tickets with it, but whos gonna stop them? all a cop has to say is that he didnt use it and a judge is going to take a cops word over yours. But they dont even have to do it that way, completely legally they can sit there and and pop away all day measuring speeds without you having any warning, and when you come along at 85, he pops you, see's your speeds worth a ticket, lil instant on burst to finish the job and your toast.

If you ask me its more dangerous than laser.........longer range........and we cant jam it. It really sucks but pops here and its here to stay, and most likely pretty soon coming to a theater near you, and its just to deadly to pretend its not a threat, V1 learned that lesson

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo246
    well it is in use here in ny (see my other post http://www.radardetector.net/once-yo.......-3450t.php) but yes, "technically" they cant issue tickets with it, but whos gonna stop them? all a cop has to say is that he didnt use it and a judge is going to take a cops word over yours. But they dont even have to do it that way, completely legally they can sit there and and pop away all day measuring speeds without you having any warning, and when you come along at 85, he pops you, see's your speeds worth a ticket, lil instant on burst to finish the job and your toast.

If you ask me its more dangerous than laser....longer range and we cant jam it
    Very good points. I can,t say for sure if pop is in use where I live but my friend sure seems to think it is. This is the main reason why I will be leaving my pop on atleast until I find out for sure if indeed it is being used around here.

Good Citizen

I may have missed it Radar Boy what kind of detector do you have??

fireant

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by fireant
    I may have missed it Radar Boy what kind of detector do you have??

fireant
    I,am using a X50 rev 5 with blue display.

Radar Fanatic

I'm starting to wonder if something might have been odd with the BeeIII that they were using at the testing. There is some darn good detectors in the test that missed the Ka POP entirely. That just seems very odd to me.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Radarboy12312
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Does anyone know if pop is really even being used. I have heard that pop mode really is not even a issue as cops can use it but they can't issue tickets wihen indeed the bee 3 is in the pop mode.

Also I know that pop is in use around here it might only be for testing only but my friend said that he was almost sure the cop was using pop mode. Remember I was not there so I can't say for sure if he was right or wrong but I just wanted to post to see how others feel as I don't even think the cops can issue tickets. I have also heard that pop is only really being used in one or two states?.
    I think theoretically the pop would be dangerous like laser... in that the cop can get speed readings off people ahead of you without you being alerted... then switch over to regular radar mode when you are the one being targeted... at which point it is too late.

Used in this manner, pop is like laser. However, I really don't see any significant advantage of pop (when used properly) over laser... except perhaps range.

I think the great advantage radar has currently is the moving radar technology and also the set and forget type uses... where a cop turns it on and waits for it to alert him to any violaters, without actively shooting cars.