Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default 940 gets another big save today (Pics & a question about

You can tell that the LEO's are getting geared up for a big Thanksgiving ticket fest. They were out in full force today in Texas. I had 5 separate radar encounters on the way home from work today.

The first was in traffic so I didn't pay much attention to it. It's hard to find freeways in Houston at 5:00 pm in which you can speed on. So, LEO's really hit the feeder roads hard. Here is an example.

Anyway, after I got out of the city limits of Houston today, I really started noticing that the Texas DPS were out in full force.

I started getting a faint Ka signal and it slowly grew. I picked it up about 3 or more miles away from the where the LEO was. As it turns out, there were 2 DPS officers with cars pulled over within 500 yards of each other. One of the DPS officers left his radar on during the stop and the other one didn't? Here are some pics of the encounter and of my 940 in action.

Here are some pics of the second DPS officer. He had this car pulled over about 500 yards past the one above.

Now for the question. I was about 5 miles from my home when I topped a hill and Boom, my radar lit up like a Christmas tree. There was a pack car about 1/8th of a mile in front of me and I assumed that I would pick up radar scatter from them. I was the lead car in a pack of about 5. The pack of cars in front of me were about 1/8 of a mile ahead. Thankfully, I was close to home and was only going 5 miles over the posted speed limit.

Do LEO's skip packs of cars and say, target every other pack. IT seems like cars always travel in bunches on my route. You can get thru one pack of cars and then in a few miles your in another pack. This is always caused by someone going slow in the left fast lane.

The reason that I ask this question is that either one of two things happened. Either the DPS didn't target the car in front of me that was visible or he was using POP? I don't know but I think that he was selectively enforcing traffic and looking for a good target. It was dark by the time this all happened but I could clearly see that it was a DPS officer.

Now I'm questioning whether or not I should turn on POP on my Bel 940?

Does anyone know if the Texas DPS uses POP? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lumberjack93

Newcomer

Yeah.. All I can say is I love my Bel 995. I'm seriously considering a move to the RX75.

Good Citizen

With all these LEOs you should invest in a camcorder...you can be famous on youtube.

Newcomer

You'd be amazed at how may LEO's I see on a daily baisis. A lot of days it's over 20.

LJ93

Professional

Guys, the BEL V940 is on sale for $125 right now at Circuit City in case anyone is in need of a spare or replacement (me) detector.

Professional

TX DPS dosnt use POP they use stalker KA depending on the area..some DPS use I/O Ka..........

Newcomer

Then I was IO'd and he didn't shoot the cars in front of me like the locals usually do. This guys was a bonified "Red Patch" DPS.

I'm on my way home now. We'll see what I get into tonight

Lumberjack93

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by nomore55
    Guys, the BEL V940 is on sale for $125 right now at Circuit City in case anyone is in need of a spare or replacement (me) detector.
    Is it time to replace my old V895 with a brand new V940?

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nomore55
    Coolness

Professional

I'm kinda learning about this thing after-the-fact which isn't my traditional method of operation.

The unit I got this afternoon has a date of 2607 and shows the M4 antenna design. Revision level appears to be 6.3.

I'm kinda peeved - - I didn't realize I couldn't shut down X band and the AUTOSCAN feature isn't included. I'm not going to tolerate another BEL with its non-stop false alarms. So far, it seems OK, but I'm real annoyed about not being able to terminate X band. I'm trying to decide whether to exchange it for the 995 which has those features and is another $45 or so. Not sure if it's worth the $$ and effort to swap.

I'm trying to keep things in a positive light. My aged 7500S is falsing more and more often on LASER and this 9400 is just to act as a replacement unit in a little-used car. Seems like a sweet deal @ $125.