Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default INSTALLATION PROBLEM WITH MY BELTRONICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subject :STI DRIVER

Problem #1

i want to install my direct wire smart plug but a am VERY short WITH my RJ11 cable.

Q.: 1 :can i put a phone extension cable like some sold for phone at home?

i dont want to short my RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for your answers for problem #1

Problem #2:

i have a trouble here

i buy the thing to have 12 V that goes in the fuses box.

the problem: 2 fuses box : 1 under the hood and the other in the trunk.

no fuses box in the car inside.

so i will have to connect my direct smart cord : direct to a 12 v wire in the car.

is it a must to connect on the 12V radio wire ?

or a 12 V wire that have always 12 V ( ignition switch OFF and ON)

TY for YOUR answers for problem #2

looking forward to your answers

Radar Fanatic

You can always take it to Best Buy, Future Shop or some car stereo place and they'll install it for about $50....

J/

Yoda of Radar

#1 - YES

#2 - You can pass the wire through the firewall through a hole. You need to take off some pieces of the dashboard.

Or you can find a 12v wire and "clip" it with the blue thing. You want a wire that has power when driving. I suggest look for a wiring diagram for your car.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i
    You can always take it to Best Buy, Future Shop or some car stereo place and they'll install it for about $50....

J/
    1) No idea if a car stereo store/installer located in a province where RDs are illegal, Ontario and Quebec for instance, will do that job for you, maybe a little-guy store will do it but I doubt it that the big ones like BB or FS will agree to install something considered illegal by law (to install an RD inside a MV)... but for sure next time I'll be in a BB or FS store (BB owns all FS stores in Canada) I'll ask them if they do the job...
    2) No idea if any sucker would go to any car stereo installer in Ontario or Quebec with his/her own vehicle (license plates fully visible :wink: ) and request the store to hardwire the STI inside the MV... We all know about doctor-patient and lawyer-client confidentiality, is there such thing btwn a store and a customer? Also, who would gonna stop Joe SmartA$$Installer to do the job as BB or FS employee, get paid for the work and then, on his own, go to any local police station and provide cops with all details about the car, driver and the location where he installed the STI inside the MV...

And that's why I entered Canada with the STI obtained and right away hardwired down in the States :wink:

Good Citizen

J/
    i can install it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just need final advice........ dont want to make any mistake....

so i think you did install your RD by someone else.......by your answer

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RW'07

J/
    1) No idea if a car stereo store/installer located in a province where RDs are illegal, Ontario and Quebec for instance, will do that job for you, maybe a little-guy store will do it but I doubt it that the big ones like BB or FS will agree to install something considered illegal by law (to install an RD inside a MV)... but for sure next time I'll be in a BB or FS store (BB owns all FS stores in Canada) I'll ask them if they do the job...
    2) No idea if any sucker would go to any car stereo installer in Ontario or Quebec with his/her own vehicle (license plates fully visible :wink: ) and request the store to hardwire the STI inside the MV... We all know about doctor-patient and lawyer-client confidentiality, is there such thing btwn a store and a customer? Also, who would gonna stop Joe SmartA$$Installer to do the job as BB or FS employee, get paid for the work and then, on his own, go to any local police station and provide cops with all details about the car, driver and the location where he installed the STI inside the MV...

And that's why I entered Canada with the STI obtained and right away hardwired down in the States :wink:

:shock: :? 8) :x :P ops: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

i will handle the installation........my 2 questions was very simple

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    #1 - YES

#2 - You can pass the wire through the firewall through a hole. You need to take off some pieces of the dashboard.

Or you can find a 12v wire and "clip" it with the blue thing. You want a wire that has power when driving. I suggest look for a wiring diagram for your car.
    THANK YOU FOR THE #1 QUESTION : IF YOU ARE SURE!!!!

# 2 .:I WILL TRY TO FIND A WIRE THAT IS POWERED BY THE SWITCH.

NOT 12VOLTS WIRE THAT IS ALWAYS ON. IS THAT OK?

THANKS SMAARTAsSaabr

Yoda of Radar

a 12v that comes on with ignition key is the best, always-on is okay but then you have to turn off detector by hand.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    a 12v that comes on with ignition key is the best, always-on is okay but then you have to turn off detector by hand.
    THANKS A LOT.................... I APPRECIATED [replacer_img] [replacer_img] [replacer_img] [replacer_img]

2 QUESTIONS= 2 ANSWERS 8) 8) 8) 8)

you can use the phone cord but the wiring will prob be different... I think it is red and green for powwer....cant remember from when I made mine.