Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Video of Bel STi vs AutoPatrol PR-100 Camera @ 34.6 ghz

Hey guys,

New member here from New Zealand, thought Id share with you a quick video I filmed recently of my Bel STi vs a AutoPatrol PR-100 mobile speed camera @ 34.6 ghz. I have been a V1 user for about 5 years however after using my STi for the past few months I do find it has better Ka on 34.7 than my V1's ever had. You can just see van towards the end on the left when I move the camera. Over here we only have 34.6 photo radar, 34.7 in-car stalkers and laser. I find I get better performance from the STi against the 34.6 photo radar than the V1's also.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0346ghziy7.flv

Cheers

Radar Fanatic

My Sti (A4M9) also alerts earlier to 34.7 than my V1 (3.863).

J/

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i
    My Sti (A4M9) also alerts earlier to 34.7 than my V1 (3.863).

J/
    Hey, you cut this propaganda out. Your V1 is weak and needs attention

I'll never forget I was driving to school in the hills of eastern KY, when my STi alerted to 34.7 a good mile ahead of my almighty 3.813.

Still has me scratching my head.

Default Re: Video of Bel STi vs AutoPatrol PR-100 Camera @ 34.6 ghz

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON5
    Hey guys,

New member here from New Zealand, thought Id share with you a quick video I filmed recently of my Bel STi vs a AutoPatrol PR-100 mobile speed camera @ 34.6 ghz. I have been a V1 user for about 5 years however after using my STi for the past few months I do find it has better Ka on 34.7 than my V1's ever had. You can just see van towards the end on the left when I move the camera. Over here we only have 34.6 photo radar, 34.7 in-car stalkers and laser. I find I get better performance from the STi against the 34.6 photo radar than the V1's also.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0346ghziy7.flv

Cheers
    Hi DEMONS, same location, same RD's and pretty much the same conclusions.

The STi is better than the V1 against the low powered photo radar's in Ka wideband. I never could seperate them against 34.7. Suffice to say they're both more than adequate until they come up against IO.

Did you see Auntie Helen's thinking of banning RD's?

Newcomer

Hey laswellbill,

Yes STi definatly seems to perform better on photo Ka and I'd go as far to say that it probably seems to alert better to 34.7 patrol cars than my V1's did but its very close wouldn't say theres alot in it.
    Yeah mate I see Helen wants to ban them, oh well she'l be gone next election anyway!! Too much BS and too many stuff-ups!! Hopefully National may take a different view to radar detectors and if not....... STi will be the number 1 choice!!

Newcomer

Default Sleepy Hollow

Hey guys.

I'm based in CChurch and have yet to find a mobile camera unit with my recently purchased V1. Does anyone know where they tend to hang them out and about???

I do however pick up every door opener in town given I still have K band switched on. Anyone know for sure if the police have definitely stopped using K ? I read they still have around 25 guns floating around the country..Would just be my luck to meet the guy with the only K band gun in South Island....

A couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering...I'm originally from the UK and police generally used radar in handheld fashion and generally instant on at traffic...Here I've been driving a couple of hundred yards behind a traffic car and the KA band has been going nuts until he turned off a road.. Do they drive with it on in the traffic patrol cars?? Can they do you whilst driving behind ???

Also, started picking up KA band last week as I turned onto a long straight road in town. As soon as I turned onto the road, I picked up KA band at half max strenght..Another 2 miles down the road, there is a police cruiser on the other side, no coppers in it but its pumping out KA like a rock concert ?? I u turned a few times to check and it was definitely the car but I couldn't see any police around...

What gives???

Cheers for any info

Ged

Newcomer

Hey Ged,

Im in Wellington so can't help you with speed cameras in Chch. However you can definatly turn K band OFF as all radar here is Ka now. Also most of the police here will just cruise around with there Stalker units on and alot of the time when they park up they leave their radar operating!

Good Citizen

Default nz cameras

so what distance you getting b4 the camera van here in nz

cheers
    phil
    auckland

Newcomer

All depends on many factors such as where the camera is, traffic and so forth but generally 500m +, picked up one the other day which was approx 800m away! I find the STi much better against the 34.6 mobile cameras than my previous V1's.

Default Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Ged

A couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering...I'm originally from the UK and police generally used radar in handheld fashion and generally instant on at traffic...Here I've been driving a couple of hundred yards behind a traffic car and the KA band has been going nuts until he turned off a road.. Do they drive with it on in the traffic patrol cars?? Can they do you whilst driving behind ???

Also, started picking up KA band last week as I turned onto a long straight road in town. As soon as I turned onto the road, I picked up KA band at half max strenght..Another 2 miles down the road, there is a police cruiser on the other side, no coppers in it but its pumping out KA like a rock concert ?? I u turned a few times to check and it was definitely the car but I couldn't see any police around...

What gives???

Cheers for any info

Ged
    Hi Ged, I'm pretty sure that you can turn off K band too.

The cops here have in-car Stalker Duals which can indeed be used while they're driving around, as you've found, or stationary as your used to from the UK. The guns antennas are fixed within the car (I think) and they can shoot forward or backwards and yes they can get you when behind you just as easily.

Sometimes they seem to forget to turn off the radar when they leave the vehicle.

If you see a cop targetting you with a handheld device over here it will probably be laser.

HTH, Chris.