Thread: Beltronics V895

Good Citizen

Default Beltronics V895

Hey guys, its been a long time since I have been on the forums, but I think that my RD is failing

I just got a second speeding ticket within the last about 5 months, and its also the second time that the RD did absolutely nothing. It has not received a K or Ka band signal in some time, and the read-out is also acting up. After being on for a while, half the lettering dims to minimum mode, while the top half of the words stay at normal brightness... I am going to request Deferred Adjudication and and hopefully have this second ticket dismissed.

I am seriously considering investing in a new top-of-the-line RD, it seems that the 9500i is currently a step above the V1, but what do yall think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Karnifax

Experienced

Default Re: Beltronics V895

Quote Originally Posted by Karnifax
    Hey guys, its been a long time since I have been on the forums, but I think that my RD is failing

I just got a second speeding ticket within the last about 5 months, and its also the second time that the RD did absolutely nothing. It has not received a K or Ka band signal in some time, and the read-out is also acting up. After being on for a while, half the lettering dims to minimum mode, while the top half of the words stay at normal brightness... I am going to request Deferred Adjudication and and hopefully have this second ticket dismissed.

I am seriously considering investing in a new top-of-the-line RD, it seems that the 9500i is currently a step above the V1, but what do yall think?

Karnifax
    v1 all the way. i have everything but the new 9500i and they all suck

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by chris

Karnifax
    Not true at all. There are lots of good RD's out there. Most RD's give the user plenty of warning to avoid a ticket if used reasonably. Another V1 zombie in the house. While the V1 is the most sensitive, the 9500i is very close and is much quieter. If you live within the city limits of San Antonio, the 9500i might be a better choice for you since the false alarms will be much fewer. Just my opinion.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80
    Quote Originally Posted by chris

Karnifax
    Not true at all. There are lots of good RD's out there. Most RD's give the user plenty of warning to avoid a ticket if used reasonably. Another V1 zombie in the house. While the V1 is the most sensitive, the 9500i is very close and is much quieter. If you live within the city limits of San Antonio, the 9500i might be a better choice for you since the false alarms will be much fewer. Just my opinion.

Typical.. The V1 is the only RD that is worthwhile. What BS. Like what was mentioned above, the 9500i seems to be shaping up to be right on the V1's tail if not on top of it.

If your leary about laying down $400+ The newer Vector series has great performance. Ive run Bel's since the late 80's and have not received a citation yet. This you have to run a V1 or your going to get nailed is pure BS. Unless of course, you drive like a fool.

Power User

Karnifax

Power User

Karnifax
    The V1, 9500i, STi, 8500 x50, rx65, and Vector 940+ series are all considered top-class performers. You shouldn't be looking at detection distance to decide which one to get -- you should be looking at the features. The V1, 9500i, and STi in particular all have their unique claim-to-fame features. Pick the one that you like. If you just want detection distance and none of that stuff, you should just get a Vector 940+ series or a revision C Whistler XTR-690/Pro-78.

Good Citizen

I was very pleased with my v895, but it just stopped detecting any K or Ka bands, I tried to go through the settings and see if I messed anything up, but I have no idea what happened to it. Have any of you experienced similar problems? Should I call Beltronics and ask them what could be causing the problem or bother sending it in?

I have pretty much decided that I am going to save up and buy the best one on the market (V1 or 9500i), it will just take me some time to allocate the funds to do this being a college student. I think I will prefer sensitivity over convenience, and it seems that the arrows would be a really nice feature.

Right now I feel almost like I am driving "naked" because I have been using this RD for slightly over one year, it's just habit now to want to put it up and take it down every time I enter/exit my truck.

Thanks for all the replies,
    Karnifax