Good Citizen

Default Strange false K band false alarms with new Vector 955

Bought new 955 about 3 weeks ago and took it on a short trip yesterday. The route was rural, but heavily traveled road, 70 miles round trip.

Was amazed how quiet the 955 was, no radar encounters. But last 10 miles had 2 false K band alarms (full alert) while meeting two cars (not cops).

Was using HWY setting. Did not notice, but could Cobras in them have caused the K band alarm? Was not a weak alarm, but almost like IO when I met the cars?

Would autoscan prevent these false alarms?

Newcomer

Default Re: Strange false K band false alarms with new Vector 955

Quote Originally Posted by karl56
    Bought new 955 about 3 weeks ago and took it on a short trip yesterday. The route was rural, but heavily traveled road, 70 miles round trip.

Was amazed how quiet the 955 was, no radar encounters. But last 10 miles had 2 false K band alarms (full alert) while meeting two cars (not cops).

Was using HWY setting. Did not notice, but could Cobras in them have caused the K band alarm? Was not a weak alarm, but almost like IO when I met the cars?

Would autoscan prevent these false alarms?
    I'm not sure on your 955, my reference is a STI but I can tell you in general that HWY setting is the least filtered and full sensitivity...my understanding of Auto is that it's using the DSP mostly as a filter where city mode actually reduces sensitivity. The filters on my STI make a big difference on how the unit responds to non-police encounters. I generally run it in Autoscan, X-off PoP-off...but still playing around with it. I don't mind it talking a little...let's me know it's alive and it seems to have better manners than my V1. I get more K false on my STI than I did on my X50 or V1 unless I choke it down to City NoX.