Newcomer

Default STI KA Encounter (35.5)

Ran up on a LEO working from the center median and got a chance to turn around and make a couple passes.

1st time by I got an alert c/o radar pointed at me .9 miles...he was line of sight at about .4 miles (hilly)

2nd time by after turn around I got him at about .6 miles and he had the radar pointed AWAY from me...after I went by I got warning to about .7 miles from BEHIND...that's pretty good in my book.

heres the killer tho

3rd time I went 3 miles to turn around and this is on a pretty high hill top above where he was sitting and I got a brief warning from there! yep, 3.2 miles away! then down the hill and back up towards him nothing till I was about (est .7 miles) away from him.

Funny thing about all this is my STI is box stock running Auto mode with a mfg date of 05-06 and firmware version A2 M8....

Power User

Every realworld encounter will have different results even in the same scenario.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits
    Every realworld encounter will have different results even in the same scenario.
    That one link you gave me on the 33.8 bug was a good one Azonehits....ya'll just about got me convinced to send mine in and get it flashed especially for the new audio ramp up fix. I have a question for you on that but I will start another thread.

thanks

Power User

I agree, from my experience I have had alot of encounters being a truck driver in 48 states. Hills shorten up the response dramatically.. I have had encounters from over 4 miles in Nevada between Salt lake and Reno (flat) and several other flat areas to
    only a few seconds warning as I top a hill (LEO sitting just over top of hill).
    Since im mostly running interstates I normally know he is there 10 miles before I reach him (cb radio). Happy Hunting!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    I agree, from my experience I have had alot of encounters being a truck driver in 48 states. Hills shorten up the response dramatically.. I have had encounters from over 4 miles in Nevada between Salt lake and Reno (flat) and several other flat areas to
    only a few seconds warning as I top a hill (LEO sitting just over top of hill).
    Since im mostly running interstates I normally know he is there 10 miles before I reach him (cb radio). Happy Hunting!
    hey Freebird...did you send yours in to get re-flashed just recently?

Power User

No I never had it flashed, and I have a slow dimming unit. In previous post I thought it was a fast dimmer, but no its slow. Im not sure the manu date, destoyed sticker removing velcro, but my guess is mid 2006 well before any fix. Im looking forward to sharing my experiences with all since I found the site just recently. I drive 3200-3700 miles a week. I will be giving feedback in encounters, with distance to LEO etc soon.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    No I never had it flashed, and I have a slow dimming unit. In previous post I thought it was a fast dimmer, but no its slow. Im not sure the manu date, destoyed sticker removing velcro, but my guess is mid 2006 well before any fix. Im looking forward to sharing my experiences with all since I found the site just recently. I drive 3200-3700 miles a week. I will be giving feedback in encounters, with distance to LEO etc soon.
    Cool...Yeah mine is 06...dims like 10 steps in 5 seconds or so...I like that ok actually. I drive at least 1000 miles a week (non-commercial). My brother in law drives commercial, I think he drives over 100,000 miles a year...need to get him a STI...oh well, getting off topic I guess...I did get him to using bluetooth headsets but that would be another forum. Look forward to your STI reports. be safe