Thread: I95 CT-FL

Default I95 CT-FL

Any information you can provide on type of radar used in the states along I95 from Ct-FL? Making the trip in a week. I have a 955, not sure if spectra is used in VA and DC.

cheers

Power User

If your going as far south as south florida beware, its crack down month on speeders.

Oh and be aware that Florida uses airborn VASCAR... survalience plane in the sky clocks your speed across painted white lines on the ground. Its your least threat but it does happen, just be aware.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: I95 CT-FL

Quote Originally Posted by lowertc
    Any information you can provide on type of radar used in the states along I95 from Ct-FL? Making the trip in a week. I have a 955, not sure if spectra is used in VA and DC.

cheers
    Done I95 lots of times, from Key West (Hwy 1) all the way to Maryland (then drifted left towards Ontario), in VA you MUST use the STI or no RD at all... or use the 955 at your own risk... unless you plan on getting into DC (the city) you don't have to worry about this particular jurisdiction, but to tell you the truth I've been to DC 5-6 times and never seen any DC police cruisers with radar units on dash and of course no RDD at all, in DC you got couple of RLC intersections... back to I95, almost everywhere Ka 34.7 and 35.5 C/O and I/O, county cruisers use K radar units maybe Ka as well... also laser used on the interstate, a CB radio with a very powerful antenna will help a lot... best of luck, safe trip and enjoy your spring vacation in the Sunshine State

cheers
    Lets hope your 955 doesn't die like mine just did.

Have taken the 95 south often from NJ to Myrtle Beach. Mainly see K and Ka used. Laser in Maryland. Some X in NJ.

Don't use the detector in VA since illegal.

Also, there is often so much traffic on 95 these days you are lucky to get up to 55 mph!(especially between DC and Richmond). Watch out near Emporia, Va. They love to get anyone over the limit.

Have fun and a safe trip!

Power User

cheers
    Since you have a 955, you can not disable x, but be aware since it is still used in NJ.

Speed Demon

Just use it in VA with caution. If you are in a pack of vehicles, you will be ok as long as your RD isn't in plain view. If you are driving down 95 at night, you'll be more at risk at getting nabbed by a Leo running Spectre. Like another poster mentioned, just drive the speed limit through Emporia. Emporia is near the VA/NC border. They are ticket Nazi's.