Thread: New v940

Banned

Default New v940

Well thanks to the suggestions from everyone here with my v940, I was able to swap it out for a new one from CC and guess what, it doesn't loose it's mind on full bore Ka alert's in odd/random locations.

I have gone a week so far and nothing out of the ordinary except for today. OMW home from work on 93 north I came upon two staties using lidar, lucky for me I was behind two cars and saw one unlucky person fly past me only to get nabbed as the trooper walked right out in the highway and flagged him down.

Since I have my v940 mounted high and behind the ceramic dotted pattern on my subaru, I never received any laser alert . Just was curious, since I get it at the tolls in the AM from the LED's, prehaps daylight or being behind the pattern caused the RD to not get the alert?

One more encounter on the DW highway in Merrimack, NH had a LEO behind one car and I was in front, got really faint K band alert even though he was only one car back, since there was nothing for the radar to bounce off of into the front of the detector, I could seen why the V1's rear antenna would come in handy now

Aside from that small observation, it's been doing fine. No more sudden Ka blasts

Default Re: New v940

Quote Originally Posted by kaotik78
    One more encounter on the DW highway in Merrimack, NH had a LEO behind one car and I was in front, got really faint K band alert even though he was only one car back, since there was nothing for the radar to bounce off of into the front of the detector, I could seen why the V1's rear antenna would come in handy now
    Two possibilities:

-- The cop behind you was shooting his rearward facing K band radar gun. If he had been shooting with his front K gun then your V940 would have been going nuts even though there was nothing in front of your car.

-- The cop behind you was using an old Kustom KR-11 which wasn't transmitting, but you were detecting the auxiliary K band transmitter mounted underneath his car which measures his car's speed.

Last summer I encountered a GSP near Calhoun, GA, which actually was using one of these old Kustom radar guns.