Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Does those Beltronics perform well with fixed speed cameras

Hi everyone I just need to know if those Vectors 995 perform well, when you approach to a permanent fixed camera on you right driving lane? Cameras are standing on a metal pole in Denmark on the right side of the driving lane.

Does the 995 start making noises to warn you that a road camera is a head of you?

Does it sense the radar from those road cameras long before you approach it with your car?

How many METERS or FEET before does it warn IF i DRIVE at 50 to 90 miles/hour?

Are those cameras called GATSO?
    Thanx for your help.

Newcomer

The detection of GATSO radar is not spectacular, 200 meters at best, from behind (GATSO-style camera measures your speed after you pass it).
    It's better if you use a GPS solution for this cameras.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by kilit
    The detection of GATSO radar is not spectacular, 200 meters at best, from behind (GATSO-style camera measures your speed after you pass it).
    It's better if you use a GPS solution for this cameras.
    Hmm, it looks like my RX65e is better (or Gatsos which I met were stronger) My unit sees Gatso cameras from ~350m and ~150 from behind. But it's not spectacular, I agree. Whistler Pro 78 rev.C do it even slightly better, but the difference is really meagre. 9500i gives app. 100m more, but real king of the hill for Gatso is my friend's V995 S7 Rev.4.5 - 500-550m and 350m from behind! Nothing was better on K ever in my humble opinion :twisted:

Experienced

My RX65 detects gatso at ~350 m from behind and ~500 m infront.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by nickstath
    My RX65 detects gatso at ~350 m from behind and ~500 m infront.
    If it has S7 board, I believe it's true.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by
    My unit sees Gatso cameras from ~350m and ~150 from behind. But it's not spectacular, I agree. Whistler Pro 78 rev.C do it even slightly better,
    Is that true?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by kilit
    Is that true?
    If the question is directed to me - yes, I confirm.
    Whistler Pro 78 rev.C is such good on K as my RX65e (or even slightly better). It can also see Iskra/Berkut hendheld K band pulse radar, and RX65e not. But RX65e kicks ass on Ka (narrow) and has Ku, what can be important in some countries.

Newcomer

@€: the question was for you, indeed.
    What can I say, I feel a little dissapointed by the performance of my detector against low-power K band radars (as a consequence, i guess, of the reduction of off-axis sensitivity in order to avoid false alerts). And in my country they are using only K band...
    Now I'm sorry that I didn't buy a Pro78, it would have been cheaper and I would have the same K band performance. Bummer.

Lead Foot

Kilit, are you sure your car hasn't an athermic windshield? Many european cars have it: Opels, Renaults, Mercedeses, Audis, every recent Citroen and many, many more. I noticed 40-50% worse distances of detection when RD looked through athermic layer.

Good Citizen

Hmm, it looks like my RX65e is better (or Gatsos which I met were stronger) My unit sees Gatso cameras from ~350m and ~150 from behind. But it's not spectacular, I agree. Whistler Pro 78 rev.C do it even slightly better.

Hey buddy I'm getting kinda confused here. Are you saying that this 995 unit needs to have the S7 version to perform at it's best? Don't they all have the S7 version I'm talking about the latest units to be bought today?

Also which one do all of you recomend the Whistler Pro 78 or the Bel Vector 995 latest edition? This is regarding to the performance for smokey alerts and of course the options in the unit? Bel unit lacks SPECTRE and some other options.
    Thanx for your help.