Thread: HELP!!!

Experienced

Default HELP!!!

Ok so I left my RD in my truck for no more than an hour, come back, and the thing is malfunctioning. First off, the screen was blank, but it turned on and was picking up Ka from a NPD cruiser going the opposite way. While I was driving, I hit the power button, and hit the display buttons and it comes back to life. I turn it off, and unplug it from the cig lighter socket, and turn it on again. Now it boots through the fast boot up sequence that I had it at, but instead of going to Highway or City LoX, it goes to a screen with a C and the voltage reading. I can switch back and forth between Highway and City, but instead of LoX, I have NoX now....Very Wierd. I tried to reprogram it, and it flashes Program quickly, then makes the lazer alert sound for about 4 seconds. Im not sure what to do, figure I'd try the boards here first because it might be a simple fix, and then call Beltronics tommorrow to see what the deal is. I have a video of all of this, but since I had to reformat my comp, im trying to make it where the camera can be seen by vista, gimme a little bit and I'll try to have it up soon. Thanks guys!

Old Timer

very weird...i would def send it in to beltronics

Power User

Default try this

Try a reset first, also check it another car, maybe your car's electrical system's voltage is low.

Yeah, definitely try a factory reset by holding down the two program buttons while powering on the V940. It sounds like the settings are hosed which will get fixed by doing a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it and you've checked the power connections or tried it in another car, then its off to Bel for a check up.

Radar Fanatic

City NoX and a voltage reading on a V940? I had a similar problem when my V955 started asking me if I wanted to choose between LP905 Blk and LP905 Rcv when it was started up on wintry mornings. Give it a reset, but just to let you know the problem for me would keep coming back for a while. Seeing Nox and Voltage display on TRDdave's 940 and LP905 on my 955, adds to by belief that the nicer features of the 995 are indeed in the lower models too; someone just needs to find a way to get to them.

Experienced

Ok, so I got the video up, I tried it in my sisters car, still didnt work. Hopefully you can see whats going on in the video, the frame rate synced up with the camera so it made it difficult to see whats going on. As far as the factory reset, I just have to hold the program buttons down upon boot-up?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=MOV00444.flv

Im working on getting it on youtube, hopefully the transfer quality is a bit better.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TRDdave
    As far as the factory reset, I just have to hold the program buttons down upon boot-up?
    Yep thats correct. Hold down City and BRT then power it up.

Experienced

ok ya, that didnt work, Im going to shoot another vid and show you guys whats going on.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01
    City NoX and a voltage reading on a V940? I had a similar problem when my V955 started asking me if I wanted to choose between LP905 Blk and LP905 Rcv when it was started up on wintry mornings. Give it a reset, but just to let you know the problem for me would keep coming back for a while. Seeing Nox and Voltage display on TRDdave's 940 and LP905 on my 955, adds to by belief that the nicer features of the 995 are indeed in the lower models too; someone just needs to find a way to get to them.
    That is correct essentially the 955 is the 995, but flashed with less features. It is long shot to find out someone to reflash it, unless they are a computer wiz and can write program for detectors.