Good Citizen

Default STi-R returned for faulty speaker jack.

I had to send back my STi-R for faulty speaker jack repair. All other connections were good and the speaker worked fine hooked up to a transistor radio. Tried another speaker connected to the control unit and it did not work. I hope it's not gone for long I have some traveling to do. Anyone else have this problem with the STI-R ? I know there were issues with the regular STi.

Default Re: STi-R returned for faulty speaker jack.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliman
    I had to send back my STi-R for faulty speaker jack repair. All other connections were good and the speaker worked fine hooked up to a transistor radio. Tried another speaker connected to the control unit and it did not work. I hope it's not gone for long I have some traveling to do. Anyone else have this problem with the STI-R ? I know there were issues with the regular STi.
    I hope that the other speaker which you tried was amplified and not literally a speaker with a cord attached to it. The speaker jacks on the Belscort products are not meant to drive an actual speaker except perhaps for a high impedance earphone speaker. All other types of speakers must be amplified and feature a high impedance input to the amplified speaker.

Power User

Ouch... that'd suck to fry a $1000 RD because of that....

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    I hope that the other speaker which you tried was amplified and not literally a speaker with a cord attached to it. The speaker jacks on the Belscort products are not meant to drive an actual speaker except perhaps for a high impedance earphone speaker. All other types of speakers must be amplified and feature a high impedance input to the amplified speaker.
    Yes it was amplified.

Yes it was amplified.
    Thats good. Hopefully it is just the jack itself.

Good Citizen

Just an update on the repair of my STi-R. I sent it back to Beltronics and it arrived there last Tuesday. I talked to them today and it has already been repaired and on it's way back. I have to say that I am very pleased and give a thumbs up with the CS I have received so far. I purchased this unit from Australia when they first came out. I had another issue with the display acting up and Beltronics USA took great care of me then as well. Despite all the negative feedback from members here I have had a very good experience with the CS and service other than the few issues with the unit itself.