Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Is there a Beltronics RX65E Version?

I see some sites in Europe selling a RX65E stating that its a international version of the RX65, To my knowledge the RX65 has an international mode so is there a different unit or are they selling the same unit?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by radardude View Post
    I see some sites in Europe selling a RX65E stating that its a international version of the RX65, To my knowledge the RX65 has an international mode so is there a different unit or are they selling the same unit?

Yes there is an E version, as for the differences I don't know the specifics. I believe the international mode on the american version only affects Ka band.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by radardude View Post
    No, the units are different.

The RX65 sold in the states has 2 modes for Ka band, USA and International. In USA mode, the detector will only alert to the Ka frequencies known to be in use in the USA, which are 33.8, 34.7, and 35.5. I'm not sure, however, whether the dectors still sweeps the other ranges or if it just ignores sources it sees in those other ranges. Perhaps someone else will chime in? In International mode, the detector will alert to all sources within the entire band. Its name is misleading and one would think it to imply that it's better for use in other countries than a detector that doesn't have such a mode (such as the x50), but it just means the detector will alert to sources within the entire band. Personally, I'd rather they called it "Normal" mode to avoid confusion.

The RX65 sold in Europe, the RX65E, actually has different options for Ka band, specifically for use in those countries. It has been said that it is more sensitive than other detectors when the "narrow" Ka modes are selected in the options, so from that I can assume that these modes DO affect the actual sweep of the detector. Anyone in the know care to share some light?
    Last edited by DeadReb245; 06-04-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Lead Foot

Yes, the RX65e is different. It's reprogrammed for european photoradars. You can choose each of Ka Narrow ranges 34.00, 34.30, 34.70 and 35.50 (+/- 100MHz) and in this mode for instanse detection of Multanova is icreased from app. 100m (RX65 6.3) to 250-350m or even better (RX65e 6.4).
    The group of my friends and I were totally amazed when it proves that RX65e is more sensitive on K also. And the difference is HUGE! Maybe narrow Ka sweeping affects K sweeping, or this unit has other filtration alghorithms... it would make sense.

Look how it appears on K (I hope to make such comparisons on Ka soon):

YouTube - RX65e vs RX65 - K band test - Is there any difference?

YouTube - RX65e vs 9500i vs V995 vs 8500 X50 - M4 platform K band test
    Last edited by €; 06-05-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Experienced

Oh wow, from those videos it would be fair to assume that the 9500i and the RX65e have something very similar going on internally. The V995 and the x50 being relatively close to one another was expected, but I have to admit that I was thrown off by the huge difference between them and the 9500i and RX65e. Wow.

Lead Foot

To be onest I must say that the difference is rather like in the first video. The terrain at the second vid delicately "promotes" better units and these worse couldn't show off somewere in the middle. On the straight line with no terrain humps or dales it'll be more like 700/450. But it's still huge variance.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Yes, the RX65e is different. It's reprogrammed for european photoradars. You can choose each of Ka Narrow ranges 34.00, 34.30, 34.70 and 35.50 (+/- 100MHz) and in this mode for instanse detection of Multanova is icreased from app. 100m (RX65 6.3) to 250-350m or even better (RX65e 6.4).
    The group of my friends and I were totally amazed when it proves that RX65e is more sensitive on K also. And the difference is HUGE! Maybe narrow Ka sweeping affects K sweeping, or this unit has other filtration alghorithms... it would make sense.

Look how it appears on K (I hope to make such comparisons on Ka soon):

YouTube - RX65e vs RX65 - K band test - Is there any difference?

YouTube - RX65e vs 9500i vs V995 vs 8500 X50 - M4 platform K band test

Hey forumbuds how Do you enter this Euro programing on the Rx65 to get the European Ka and K narrowband, is it something you can do by yourself if you buy your detector from the United States or is it a European tweaked Rx65 sold from a European shop?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    Hey forumbuds how Do you enter this Euro programing on the Rx65 to get the European Ka and K narrowband, is it something you can do by yourself if you buy your detector from the United States or is it a European tweaked Rx65 sold from a European shop?
    As it was stated many times, this is NOT RX65. This is RX65e and you can't buy it in US.
    Last edited by €; 06-09-2008 at 04:38 AM.

Experienced

What type of radar equipment are on those 2 videos?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by christosxo View Post
    What type of radar equipment are on those 2 videos?
    Polish K band photo radar - "Fotorapid C"