Default Bel RX 65 use in the UK

I have an RX 65 purchased from Roy some months ago and wasn't happy with its peformance at all and Roy kindly repolaced the unit with a new one earlier this year. Unfortunately the replacement isn't any better at all and Roy has suggested that I put the 'problem' to all you experts to see if you can come up with a workable solution for my problem of detecting UK radar traps.

At the present time I and my passengers are being driven crazy with continual bleeps and audible 'K Band' announcements whenever we pass a DIY superstore, or a gas station, or even street traffic lights seem to be a cause (sorry cannot be more specific but there seems to be very little that doesn't activate the unit warning system) - it is almost a continual beep, beep beep that defeats the act of any warning. It doesn't help matters when I can go through many different roadside cameras and there is no warning from these uits - and I cannot believe that ALL of these are dummies or inactive at the time of passing.

I have switched on to City mode and whilst this has eliminated some of the beeps (certainly not all) the static cameras are not being detected.

So you know what we are up against in the UK with the various types of sneaky methods of radar detectors used here, have a peek at

<www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/speed-camera-types-information.htm>

I really would appreciate any help in trying to use the RX 65 to its full potential in detecting UK radar installations without having the problems of continual beeps and false messages from everything other than a radar detector camera system. Where am I going wrong and what can I do to 'programme' my RX 65 to detect the various roadside and other camera systems employed over here etc

Thanks in advance. :(

Advanced Member

If the police force in the area you drive does not use K-band radar turn it off...If they don't use X-band turn it off....that will cut down on many falses

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Don't turn off K Band: UK Police is using K Band Gatsos mainly (there are a few numbers of mini Gatsos on Ku Band in Thames Valley only as I know). You should turn off X and Ka bands only.

Well, unfortunately most of automatic doors are on 24GHz (K band) and all detectors go off if you're near to this kind of doors.
    Otherwise your RX-65 must alert you if you drive to a box which has a live Gatso inside but don't forget that some of boxes are empty and many of them aren't using radars, they are using loops in the surface of the road and it isn't detectable by RDs. Thats's why many of UK drivers are using GPS systems with database of speed-traps and laser sensors/jammers.

Thanks guys for this - I guess I will have to invest in a different unit altogether - anyone want to buy a new (well almost !) RX 65 !!

Good Citizen

Default Re: Bel RX 65 use in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Omega4
    I have an RX 65 purchased from Roy some months ago and wasn't happy with its peformance at all and Roy kindly repolaced the unit with a new one earlier this year. Unfortunately the replacement isn't any better at all and Roy has suggested that I put the 'problem' to all you experts to see if you can come up with a workable solution for my problem of detecting UK radar traps.

At the present time I and my passengers are being driven crazy with continual bleeps and audible 'K Band' announcements whenever we pass a DIY superstore, or a gas station, or even street traffic lights seem to be a cause (sorry cannot be more specific but there seems to be very little that doesn't activate the unit warning system) - it is almost a continual beep, beep beep that defeats the act of any warning. It doesn't help matters when I can go through many different roadside cameras and there is no warning from these uits - and I cannot believe that ALL of these are dummies or inactive at the time of passing.

I have switched on to City mode and whilst this has eliminated some of the beeps (certainly not all) the static cameras are not being detected.

So you know what we are up against in the UK with the various types of sneaky methods of radar detectors used here, have a peek at

<www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/speed-camera-types-information.htm>

I really would appreciate any help in trying to use the RX 65 to its full potential in detecting UK radar installations without having the problems of continual beeps and false messages from everything other than a radar detector camera system. Where am I going wrong and what can I do to 'programme' my RX 65 to detect the various roadside and other camera systems employed over here etc

Thanks in advance.
    roadside cameras are low power radar rx65 is not good for this. In singapore plenty of road cameras placed in strategic place and my rx65 sometomes did not oick-up signal at all. even it does no times for you react..