Good Citizen

Exclamation I was driving on the road near a!

#As the topic says, I was out driving on the road with my car, I was driving through a place with a lot of factories to my left and right side, this place is an industrial area. I was using my Beltronics vector 995, when passing this industrial area I get a Ka warning, I was thinking what the hell is goin on here. There were no cops in sight, no radar cars, no radar cameras. And I still get a Ka warning alert. Later on the same day passing the same street near the industrial area I didn't get any ALERT at all!! This is really weird!!
    Are there any machines that work with Ka band that my Bel 995 can sense?
    I was driving my car in Sweden visiting a friend

#Does burglar alarms work on Ka band?

#Everytime I pass a store with automatic door openers I always get a K-alert, my V995 senses the door openers very close maybe a 50-100 metres before I pass the store, is this normal that v995 have a short range from sensing door openers?

#Before I pass a speed camera, my v995 senses it from cirka 500 meters and begins to alert.

#So my question is why do I get a Ka alert when passing an industrial area? I need your help with this.

Now having used the 995 for a few months I'm really happy with it, I like it a lot.
    I have also bought a V1 for professional use in my car.
    Thanks for your help guys.

Good Citizen

It could be reflected Ka from some LEO around the area. Sometimes the signals bounce of trucks and signs and anything metal. That's my opinion.

Good Citizen

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by VicRod74 View Post
    It could be reflected Ka from some LEO around the area. Sometimes the signals bounce of trucks and signs and anything metal. That's my opinion.

Hey Bud, thanks for your reply, Almost everytime when I pass this area I get a Ka- alert, this is strange because I never see a cop on this road.

Here is my other question= I was driving with my Bel 995 hooked on the front window, I was driving behind a tractor with a trailer, then I got a false K-band alert, does trucks or tractors with or without trailers operate on Ka and K-band? This is really strange, my v.995 works great sensing shopping mall door openers and every radar camera that is activated.

I just bought a Valentine1 recently. So I thought I'll test the both detectors on Saturday to see if there are any alerts at all in the weekends.
    Howerer I didn't test both at the same time, I did it separetly.
    I was driving the same road at this industrial area, my Bel 995 did sound the alert on K-band it was a weak alert, everything okey.

After this was done I mounted my V1 and enabled all necessery settings.
    Time for testing, same place same road, no K-band alert it was dead silent, passing speed cams and door openers with my V1 it will sound the alarm as it should do.
    Why does my Bel v.995 sound an alarm and the V1 doesn't sound the alarm at all? Does anybody know why?

Should I email VR. for this matter?

Thanks.

Experienced

in regards to your first post, i used to have the same radar and loved it.
    try turning on the Tech display and it will tell you what frequency the radar is using.
    i could have been a false from a cobra RD somewhere in the vicinity

Good Citizen

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    in regards to your first post, i used to have the same radar and loved it.
    try turning on the Tech display and it will tell you what frequency the radar is using.
    i could have been a false from a cobra RD somewhere in the vicinity
    Hey bud, I don't think there are any cobras, because RD's are banned in Sweden, I don't think there are many drivers using RD's.
    cheers.

Yoda of Radar

I agree with Anthrax, I think it's a Cobra. They might be banned, but you're using one. You can't be the only one and Cobras are the most sold brand. Now, if you go past that spot at the same time and you get the false alert again, then you might be on to something about a burglar alarm, but until you can reproduce the alert, I say Cobra.

As for door openers, they are pointed down to the ground and are also not usually pointed directionally down the road. In fact lots of them are pointed perpindicular to the road, so their detection range will not be near that of a properly positioned speed sign.

Both the V1 and the 995 have a K band(24.050 - 24.250 GHz) range that they will alert to. So let's say the V1 alerts to 24.025 - 24.275 GHz and the 995 alerts to a slightly wider range 24.000 - 24.300 GHz. If that sign has an output frequency of say, 24.010 GHz, then your 995 will alert to it and your V1 will not, yet both will alert you to a properly tuned police radar gun at say 24.150 GHz.

Good Citizen

Exclamation

[quote=djrams80;420785]I agree with Anthrax, I think it's a Cobra. They might be banned, but you're using one. You can't be the only one and Cobras are the most sold brand.

Hey bud thanx for the input, I do have a Cobra, but I've never used it, it's still in my box at home, so I've only used my Bell 995 or the V1, but not at the same time in my German Star car.

Well I'm still kinda confused about getting a Ka alert near this Industrial area with the 995 unit and no alert with my V1.
    Also about the strange K-alert driving behind a tractor pulling a trailer.
    Maybe this is normal procedure, since it works as it should be when passing radar cams and automatic door openers.
    Thank you for your help.

Good Citizen

Exclamation

so I went back to this place again, I changed the settings on my 995 to tech- mode, this time was on Friday last week during work hours, this time I recieved a much longer alert compared to a week alert I got last time.
    The tech display showed Ka-band alert with 34.918 frequency,
    This has to be a machine operated on Ka band I don't think it's a truck because I didn't see one or a burglar alarm that is active during work day.

The short alert was 34.914
    and the longer alert was on 34.918
    both on Ka-band.
    Can anybody help me out here.
    Thanks
    Last edited by kowalski; 07-24-2008 at 03:10 AM.