Thread: hardwire RX65

Good Citizen

Default hardwire RX65

Hi all,

I am sorry for being lazy and I know this has been addressed before but I was wondering what the pinout is for the RX65 for hardwiring? I am pretty sure it was pins 2&3 on the RJ11 plug.........but is green + or is red +?
    Also, I am going to put a fuse inline with the hardwire cord. I believe it is a 3 amp fuse correct?
    Anyone using a standard telephone cord for this? Is that sufficient? I know a tel cord carries 90V AC for phone but not sure of current rating.
    Thanks again for all the help guys..........just got my RX65 yesterday and love driving with it already!!!!!

Newcomer

Why go through all of that, go to beltronics homepage and order a hardwire. I think it is $10 bucks

dUc

Newcomer

Why spend 15 or so and wait when you can do it almost free now? Most folks have an old 2 cond. phone cord with red and green lines. Cut it to the length you need, install fuse holder(.89), and connect, red should be pos and green neg. You can see the red and green in the middle 2 positions on the stock rj11.To be sure use a meter on the original cord terminals, going to do mine the next cool weekend when time allows.

Power User

or dont be lazy and just do a search

Good Citizen

Thanks guys. Umm, I did do a search and it turned up squat. I will just check it with a meter. I mounted it up high last night. I actually did order the direct wire cable from BEL, but for now I just ran a phone cord and tucked it into the dash as best I could to hide it and just put a coupler on the original smart cord for a temporary install. I may just end up leaving it that way because it is kinda nice to still have the mute button right there on the cord (my detector is not easy to reach up high). Anyway the cord WAS only $10 so I ordered it.............thanks again guys.

Speed Demon

Default Voltage Drops

If you choose to extend the smart cord, make sure you examine cord coupler(direct relatinship) and use 4 line wire under 12 ft to avoid voltage drops.