Default Does anybody know the range in yds. of RX65 radar and lasor detection?

Does anybody know the range in yds. of RX65 radar and lasor detection? thanks

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Does anybody know the range in yds. of RX65 radar and lasor detection?

Range will depend on if it is a straight flat surface or within curves or hills.But they do give a pretty good range on radar.Laser is sometimes the most difficult to detect until you are pretty well within range.

Old Timer

Default Re: Does anybody know the range in yds. of RX65 radar and lasor detection?

completely depends on everything for radar...for laser tho i would not expect to get more than 800 feet (just from observations)

are u talkin about range for speed cameras liek the multanova or w/e?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    completely depends on everything for radar...for laser tho i would not expect to get more than 800 feet (just from observations)

are u talkin about range for speed cameras liek the multanova or w/e?
    WAY off......... ran out of room but was alerting at 3200FT from a PL3.

Quote Originally Posted by teeto View Post
    WAY off......... ran out of room but was alerting at 3200FT from a PL3.
    I agree. RX65 laser range is quite good, but quickly gets clipped below around 500 feet because the laser beam becomes so narrow that almost zero scatter can reach the RX65 or any other radar detector for that matter.

Radar Fanatic

Except a V1!

^ I agree. The V1 does have the best laser detection in a windshield mount RD.