Thread: my bel

Default my bel

Ok I have my rx65 for 2 months now. I have been lasered about 4 times and my bel picked it up four times. I picked up ka and k as muck 1.5 miles long notice I was amazed! I have the laser shield and got lasered today and my bel picked it up no problem after I passed if doing 80 mph my bel kept saying laser alert for about a 1/2 mile. Bel rx65 is an amazing product,So I dont understand why all these people are having these problems with it :? .

Radar Fanatic

Laser alert for 1/2 mile? Continuous? Did you actually see the cop or was the alert your only indication of being clocked by laser?

Good Citizen

More than likely that was a laser false. You shouldn't pick it up continuously for that long unless you are coming straight at it, and he's aiming it straight at your detector.

Radar Fanatic

That's what I was thinking. RX65s are known to false like crazy around airports. Something about the radar systems interacting with the laser detection circuitry.

Radar Fanatic

When I drive past MidAmerica Airport on Interstate 64, it falses for a good mile or more on laser.

Lead Foot

Does a laser event trigger an alarm of a fixed duration on these detectors? This could be misinterpreted as range "to the rear".

Radar Fanatic

Normally the RX65 will alert for a couple seconds after the signal has stopped, but no more than that.