Ok, so this is my first post and I did as much searching before I posted; and actually got a dozen questions answered by that alone. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I got pulled over for speeding. Later that day I went out to Best Buy and bought a Cobra 9740, It was horrible. I got a refund and purchased the Beltronics 955 @ Circuit City. I love it. about 5X the range of the damn Cobra. I have a few questions though. Keep in mind, I am a complete novice with all of this so if you can just cut me some slack, If you can only answer a few of these questions that would still be extremely appreciated!
- I've read about all the different types of Ka radar there are (35.5, 34.1) and needed to know how many of the total Ka bands can my detector pick up?
- What are the Bands that my detector CAN NOT pick up?
- I've heard something about POP, that it is on standby and will shoot a short burst of radar. Can my detector pick up ALL the kinds of POP there are?
- If a cop uses to POP to "pop" me does he then have to turn on full radar after that or can he legally write me up for that single pop reading?
- Is the AutoScan mode less sensitive than the highway mode? If so what bands are limited in sensitivity?
- When I turn off my car I take the entire assembly (suction mount, detector, and cable) and put it in my center console. I live in south Florida and I needed to know if the heat will damage it. It is out of sunlight but my car gets hottttt.
Thats it for specific questions. But I just wanted to hear from anyone if this is an alright detector. I'm sorry if this is redundant...THANK YOU for reading!