Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default My Very First RD is A STI

Hey all i am new to this whole thing. I did alot of reading and listening before i bought anything. Everytime i looked for the best RD out there the trail led back to the Beltronic STI. I live in a area where RD are illegal so with the total shield on the STI i guess it was the only fit. I was almost going to buy the Valentine 1 but changed my mind. So anyways just wanted to say hello to everyone and looking foward to alot of great save's from my new STI.

Brandon

Experienced

Default Re: My Very First RD is A STI

I'm in Ontario too, and I too was researching RD for a very long time, trying to find a solution. I ended up with an STi-R.

Remember though, Ontario is heavy with Laser too so don't just assume you're totally covered! Though to be honest, most enforcement is still Radar.. so the odds are in your favor.

Old Timer

x2 and watch the laser as said above

Hi doddy37,

Welcome aboard!

I too absolutely love my STi. Lately I have been having a lot of fun using it along with my 9500ci since I have had my STi flashed with the new and smokingly good audio ramp-up fix. I also custom dimmed my STi's display so that only I can see it at night. Anyone in a car more than 40 or 50 feet behind me can't see it at night. You might want to search for my thread about this. It was titled something along the lines of Custom Dimming your STi's Display. But then again I assume that you have your STi totally hidden.

Good Citizen

I think you will be happy. I love my STi Driver. It is in the shop now getting the "ramp-up fix". I'd like to say though, I had no problem with the stock ramp-up. It does it's job very well.

I feel naked without my STi. I'll be glad to get it back. Since my RD has been gone, I decided to hard install the little 2x2 12v speaker that comes in the box with it. I added two SPDT switches for the RD and speaker.

If anyone decides to hard install the wires for your RD, I recommend getting the "Add-A-Fuse" from Radio Shack or AutoZone. That makes it really easy to do.

Good Citizen

thanks for the replys everyone. first yes i know ontairo has alot of laser but where i live the use more ka then anything also MEM-TEK i did turn down the dimmer thanks. I think i did a pretty good job hidding it just did the hard wire install everything seems great also quick question. To help with the laser do you guys recomend lase shield plate covers and veil paint??

thanks

Good Citizen

De ja vue. I bought a laser shield cover but then found out it is illegal in GA. I thought about Veil but decided to get some laser jammers instead.

Get the new AL G9's http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tml#post452793

or some LI's http://85.125.82.130/LaserInterceptor/smf/index.php

Good Citizen

are laser jammers illegal in ont??

Good Citizen

Don't know in Canada. Sorry. They are legal where I live.

Good Citizen

has anyone seen this jammer/shifter before?

Laser Pro Park (LPP) Single Head Laser Parking and Detection System - KMPH.ca

it says its legal.