Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Bel-Vector 995 issues

I had bought a BEL-vector 995 like 2 years ago or something like that and right after my warranty went out exactly on the next day my vector gave me a calibration error. I called the BEL up and they said they could fix it but I figured they would charge me enough where I can just buy another cheap one, so I didnít send it off. Then after a week I figured id give it another shot and it started up with no problems or anything. I usually pass by this Wal-Mart where it usually went off but it didnít this time, and every time I go out now it work it turns on and could show my volts being used and stuff but it wonít detect anything. Anyone got something in mind or could suggest anything for me? :?

Power User

I didn't think the Bel Vector 995 was out 2 years ago. Didn't this model come out in 2004?

Newcomer

dont remember too well but I know my warrenty is up so it had to be atleast 1 year ago... or more... sorry dident actually do any digging on when it came out..

Power User

Well if it's too expensive to fix, you could sell it on Ebay.

Newcomer

the thing is I don't think anyone would buy it as a defect or it may not even be but Im confused b/c its starts and does all the functions but not detect. I dont think a defect vector will sell would it ?

Radar Fanatic

A calibration code is a sign that the local oscillator (LO) is out of whack. My best stab at it is that the LO is producing the wrong frequency so that it can't mix-down incoming signals properly, and hence can't detect anything. All that should be needed to fix it is a tune-up by Bel techs. They will charge you but I think that it would be worth it unless it's unbelieveably expensive. The 995 is still one of the best detectors out there and it would be a shame to throw it away. I say give them another call and find out what it would cost given the error.

Professional

I think I would see about getting that 995 fixed.
    Heck I will be glad to take that broken 995 off of your hands if you do not want to deal with it. hahahahahaa :wink:

Newcomer

Any bidderís lol... Well I think I might as well try to get it fixed, but whatís all this I hear about it being bad for you detector to start up near local stores? I like mine but it seems like ensuring the package would be expensive... or whatís the deal with that ensuring deal? cause I remember on a ups machine in the warehouse when you ensure something the price goes off the scale lol..

* the thing that makes me even more angry is that my detector was babied by me all the damn time, no scratches no nothing, do cracks no damage what so ever and it manages to break or screw up internally uff *

Radar Fanatic

BID - $15.

Newcomer

If you are going to send the 995 back in for repair, then you are looking at a $85.00 service charge from Bel. Been there, done that.