Default RX65 Factory Default Settings

I just started using my RX65. From all of the old posts I have read, it seems that the Highway mode is better than than the Autoscan mode. Am I correct? Also, the DFT settings from the factory have X - On, K - On, Ka - Intl, Pop - Off, Ku - Off, LSR - On, and SWS -Off. Why are Pop, Ku, and SWS turned off? Shouldn't I turn these on? It also seems from the old posts that the experts are split on whether to use international or USA mode for Ka. Is that still true?

Good Citizen

Default Re: RX65 Factory Default Settings

Quote Originally Posted by SCRadarGuy
    I just started using my RX65. From all of the old posts I have read, it seems that the Highway mode is better than than the Autoscan mode. Am I correct? Also, the DFT settings from the factory have X - On, K - On, Ka - Intl, Pop - Off, Ku - Off, LSR - On, and SWS -Off. Why are Pop, Ku, and SWS turned off? Shouldn't I turn these on? It also seems from the old posts that the experts are split on whether to use international or USA mode for Ka. Is that still true?
    Like most things, it's a matter of personal preference - how you want your RD to act. I say try them both and see which works best for you.

Personally, I keep mine in City with no X or highway - depending where I am driving.

Advanced Member

Default Re: RX65 Factory Default Settings

Quote Originally Posted by SCRadarGuy
    Some people don't really trust Autoscan, so they use CityLoX or NoX instead for city driving.

POP is turned off because when turned on you'll get a lot of false alerts. Turn it on if POP is a known threat where you'll be driving, or if you want to be sure you're protected.

Ku is turned off because there is no Ku radar at all in the US (yet).

SWS is turned off because it is only used in a few specific areas, and it could possibly reduce detector response time due to extra signal processing required.

I recommend using USA mode for the most sensitivity in the USA. I talk about it thoroughly in this thread:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=256

Hope this helps!

Jim

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the good info! I guess I'll just have to try the autoscan, city, and highway modes and see what works best for me. I'm not sure how much POP is used in my area or state (South Carolina). I have some law enforcement connections, so I'll ask around. Activating POP won't make any other detections inefficient will it? I imagine I'll just have to deal with the false alerts. Will turning Ku on hurt the other bands? I'll have to check into use of SWS in my state as well. Has anyone determined how much of an effect it has on the other bands? I think I'll try USA and Intl modes out and see which works best in my area. Thanks again for the advice!