Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GX65

Radar Fanatic

Default GX65

Yesterday I ordered the GX65 and it has already been shipped. I have two questions.
    1. Do those of you who have this model run it on autoscan, autoscanox or highway?
    2. Do you keep voice alerts turned on or off?

Any other useful tips or settings would be appreciated.

Lead Foot

Default Re: GX65

i just left it at factory setting. i think that should be sufficent. try to mounted it higher than what the manual tells you, it may take longer to locate the gps, when i did that, it gave me longer band detection.

Autoscan is nice for suburban driving since it automatically filters out pairs of X band door openers unless any of the X band signals are fairly strong. I use Autoscan around town on my Bel products and then switch to Highway mode when I am on open highways. I don't think that X band is used anywhere in AZ so you could use Autoscan NoX, but you may find that Autoscan works just fine. Using voice alerts is totally up to you. I used to not use voice alerts on my RDs, but now I like them after getting used to them.

Experienced

I use Autoscan for suburban driving and Highway mode when I drive on highways.Voice alerts turned on.

Radar Fanatic

I do not use autoscan even in town. I do not use voice either. I run with only K band and Ka band turned on....I will add that this morning while traveling I got a 1.5 mile 35.5 forward facing alert with it which I find very good...If was a FHP shooting C/O under a overpass....And I almost forgot to say I have it mounted mid-windshield because the way my rear view mirror is mounted in my new car I can not get it above the mirror as I had on my previous car.

Radar Fanatic

All replies are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Professional

I posted this question in another thread but may be better here!

Is the GX65 the same as the STI minus stealth feature? Do they use the same internal platform and K/ KA detection range Equal on both?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Holla View Post

Is the GX65 the same as the STI minus stealth feature? Do they use the same internal platform and K/ KA detection range Equal on both?
    No. The GX65 is M4 and the STi is M3. Two totally different platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Holla View Post

No. The STi uses the M3 stealth dual horn antenna design, and the GX65 uses the enhanced M4 single horn antenna design which is also used in the 9500i and 9500ix. The GX65's K and Ka band performance should be every bit as good as the STi, and theoretically should be just as good as a 9500i or 9500ix. I can't wait for GOL's next set of tests!

Professional

Thanks guys--Im just trying to figure out my next radar detector for my other car--I love my V-1 but want to try something different "I think". We have Lots of KA (which band I dont know) and hearing how these other detectors can see KA band a little better than the V-1 around the corners and off axis--Im leaning towards the Bels