Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Exclamation Played some Cat n Mouse today

Should this be in real world experiences?

IF ITS TOO LONG TO READ SCROLL DOWN TO TLDR

I was traveling on a 1 lane road today coming home from school and when it split into 2 lanes, I got into the left lane to start passing people and started to accelerate. The speed limit is 35 here. Most people were going 40 but I was passing going about 50ish. I got a blip of K on my 995 and I have never gotten a K blip here before so I started to lightly apply the brakes.

The signal started to ramp up fairly quickly so I put more pressure on brakes to match it. At about 3 bars it leveled and I saw a LEO in oncoming. When he saw me (my nose was dipping a little because I was sort of hard on the breaks) I got a full blast of K. Shortly after this burst my 995 fell silent.

After smiling to myself because I was so happy that I avoided another ticket, I glanced in my RVM to see the LEO was pulling a U-turn and accelerating to catch up to me......

I stayed in my lane and kept my head facing straight (sun glasses). From my perspective it looked as the officer was opening his toughbook so I breathed a sigh of relief. My driving record is spotless, insurance is valid, have valid tags, no vehicle code violations, and my moms record which the car is registered to is also clean.

As I pull up to the intersection in the left lane still the LEO seems preoccupied with his toughbook so I continue to glance at the light to see when it would change. As soon as the light changed I was on the gas and through the intersection before the LEO even looked up.

I changed lanes into the right to turn with a proper signal. Someone who in the left lane at the intersection I was just at came up behind me so the LEO could no longer follow directly behind me or see me. A strange thing happened here I got a 2 bar strength blip of K then about halfway of KA (cobra maybe?). I chalked it up to the 995 possible having weak rear detection.

When I completed the turn I looked in the RVM I saw quite a bit of traffic had built up and the view was obstructed so I sped up to make the light and get away from the LEO. I made it through the next intersection with no LEO in sight. Being the only one from that pack through the light, I had assumed that I was in the clear and continued on my merry way.

Again on another road where the speed limit is 35 (it was 55 2 years ago, I've always wondered if they were allowed to lower it like this) I was going about 50 when I got a one bar blip of K. I was confused because there should be no way the LEO caught up to me without flipping on his red and blues.

As i started to down a slight slope the signal gradually made its way up to slightly below the halfway mark. When I stopped at the light I saw no one in my RVM and
    no LEOs at the intersection. I proceeded with a right turn and started up a huge hill that runs over a train tunnel and the signal started to fade fairly quickly to one bar.

Remembering how LEOs ran heavy radar here when it was under construction I stayed at the speed limit but was still skeptical that the LEO could be picked up from this far away. Sure enough as I crest this hill the signal immediately ramps up and I see a LEO from the town I just now entered into off on a dirt road running C/O. So in my 15 minute drive home my RD saved me from 2 tickets which with this one day it has payed for itself probably about the 4th time over.

TLDR: 995 saved me from a sure ticket twice from two different towns LEOs in one 15 minute drive. My 995 might have weak rear detection but it has been well worth the money.

Anyway I was wondering if the 995 does have weak rear detection (like if the signal is lets say 5 bars in front it is 2 maybe 3 from the rear)?

Also where the KA could have come from?
    I think it was cobras because us high schoolers were driving and most own cobras sadly.(It works cause when it goes off i see a LEO )

I will consider adding google map locations of stuff mainly the second LEO encounter if I get around to it.
    Last edited by lostidentity; 04-02-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: mustang owners.....

Banned

Default Re: Played some Cat n Mouse today

Ummm Like I'll take the time to read that

blah
    Last edited by Fastgt2003; 04-02-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: ...

Experienced

uhm TLDR= too long didnt read. scroll to about there then read. Kids at my school seem to think that not me.
    If i had a cobra why would I be posting the Beltronics section?

No wonder you own a mustang

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fastgt2003 View Post

blah
    If your not here to read posts and dont know what he was talking about why are you here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lostidentity View Post
    uhm TLDR= too long didnt read. scroll to about there then read. Kids at my school seem to think that not me.
    If i had a cobra why would I be posting the Beltronics section?

No wonder you own a mustang
    what you talking about? I was being a smart ass gosh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by partsfreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastgt2003 View Post

blah
    If your not here to read posts and dont know what he was talking about why are you here?
    post or pages ?

Radar Fanatic

Posts, pages,pamphlets, Scrolls, tomes, volumes, whatever
    If you read them too long on the toilet your legs will go to sleep

Experienced

my favorite part is how you edit your post to cover your ass. There is something at the bottom of posts that shows the last edited timestamp so I dont know who you think you are fooling. Seriously though if you have nothing constructive or helpful to add except snide remarks then go find another thread.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by partsfreak View Post
    Posts, pages,pamphlets, Scrolls, tomes, volumes, whatever
    If you read them too long on the toilet your legs will go to sleep
    lol i had this happen to me because I started reading a book

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lostidentity View Post
    my favorite part is how you edit your post to cover your ass. There is something at the bottom of posts that shows the last edited timestamp so I dont know who you think you are fooling. Seriously though if you have nothing constructive or helpful to add except snide remarks then go find another thread.
    Um.. didnt you edit your 1st post?