Default New RX65 user - questions

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a used RX65. I was just wondering if you guys always take down your RDs when you park. I park in a shady area at school. Will it still get damaged? It seems like a hassle to take it down and put it back up everytime you get in and out of your car but I guess I'm just being lazy.

I'll probably have more specific questions related to the RX65 once I get to mess with it a bit. Thanks guys.

Southern California

Default Re: New RX65 user - questions

I often left mine up, tough to see since it was above the RVM and tinted windows. I took it down depending on the location I was in. I would recommend taking it down if you're in a shady area, especially at night.

I meant shady area as in not much sunlight. But you're right, I forgot about theft.

If it's left in the sun, will it get damaged?

Also, how's your 1er?

Speed Demon
    Sanford, Florida, United States

Depends on where you live, I'm in Florida and it can get over 120F in my car in the summertime. I usually take it down and pop it in my console when I'm going to be parked. I wouldn't leave an RD out in the open in a school for theft reasons, though.

If it's a brand new RX-65 you have the M4 antenna so make sure you have it tilted DOWN about 10-15 degrees, it adds about 10% to your range. See MEM-TEK's posts on this.

Good Citizen
    Houston, TX

Since I tint on my truck (no it's not legal shade)... i njust leave my RX65 on the windshield.... even if im n the sun.... i haven't had 1 mechanical issue in the 2 yrs i have owned my radar.... from being out in the sun or being to hot...