Good Citizen

Default How to turn on Ka super long range???bel 995

does anyone know how to turn on or ajust Ka band on my bel 995 ?

I mean like is it posssible to get 600 metres range out of it like

Flitsservice.nl said?

"Try to put it on the Ka Narrow 34.6 and put your detector like this | instead of this - so vertical instead of horizontal placement.

5 to 600 meters should be possible like this"

and i actually did try his advice of having it sideways and it did seem to go off a few seconds earliar but then again I have had it give 100 metres detection(with normal position useing the clip) then gone back around for another pass and its only been 80 metres with the RD in the same position?

anyone know how to make it go super duper MutherF**kering longest range you will ever see in your life on Ka band? :mrgreen:

Advanced Member

if multinova's scare you mount in the detector verticle otherwise keep it level and mounted High

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Joey the Ka band on your 995 is always set to international... so the only thing you can do to get better range on multanova's is to mount it high and/or vertical..

personaly i dont bother.. i just keep it high

Good Citizen

The ranges we get in Holland with "behind the window" mounted Bel detectors are only possible with those detectors that are programmable to Ka narrow. Ka-wide only detectors will not give you the range you would like to have on the Multanova, although mounting vertically still helps!

We tested with the Bel990 international. (Also known as Vector 550 in The Netherlands)

I have no idea if a 990 set to Ka-narrow is still usable to detect the other Ka treaths for which you normally should use the Ka-wide setting. I even think there is no good solution to this problem using one detector only....

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum
    The ranges we get in Holland with "behind the window" mounted Bel detectors are only possible with those detectors that are programmable to Ka narrow. Ka-wide only detectors will not give you the range you would like to have on the Multanova, although mounting vertically still helps!

We tested with the Bel990 international. (Also known as Vector 550 in The Netherlands)

I have no idea if a 990 set to Ka-narrow is still usable to detect the other Ka treaths for which you normally should use the Ka-wide setting. I even think there is no good solution to this problem using one detector only....
    thanks for the replys so far guys but this part interests me a bit...

The ranges we get in Holland with "behind the window" mounted Bel detectors are only possible with those detectors that are programmable to Ka narrow.

so mattyvr says its set on Ka international mode how can i turn it on or make it go Ka narrow? is this possible to program on the bel995? and how would i go about it? :?:

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fastest cab in the west
    Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum

thanks for the replys so far guys but this part interests me a bit...

The ranges we get in Holland with "behind the window" mounted Bel detectors are only possible with those detectors that are programmable to Ka narrow.

so mattyvr says its set on Ka international mode how can i turn it on or make it go Ka narrow? is this possible to program on the bel995? and how would i go about it? :?:
    As far as I know, a 995 cannot be programmed to Ka-narrow mode. A 990, 915 or 975 can be set to Ka-narrow. You then select one, two or three out of three frequencies within the Ka band. In this setting, the detector will only "listen" at/around those choosen frequencies.
    If I program my 975 to Ka-wide, I only get 100 meters or (much) less on a Multanova. When using Ka-narrow and selecting the correct frequency 400 meters or more is normally the range.