Power User

Default Bug fix dates for 33.8 ?

I tried to locate it but when was the 33.8 bug fix? Reason Im asking I found an older unit on sale but I want to be sure it has the 33.8 fix before I $$$$.

I found it. you can lock this one up now. thanks

Words of MEM-TEK
    I recall that STi's manufactured during or after 2707 have the 33.8 bug fix, and that Bel told me that there was a "grey area" between 2407 and 2607 where they were not sure if the bug fix had been applied during production.
    Last edited by Freebird; 06-06-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Old Timer

Default Re: Bug fix dates for 33.8 ?

At one of our previous testing events, we tested some STi's w/ the 33.8 fix and some w/ out. Two of my Bel STi's at the time and still do NOT have the 33.8 fix because they were picking up 33.8 sometimes way before the rd that had the 33.8 fix. Now that I have 3 Bel STi's, all 3 of them do NOT have the 33.8 bug fix, 2 of them have the new ramp up and one has the old ramp up. I still can't figure out how I bought a used Bel STi for $150 freebird. Doesn't seem right.

^^ Thats weird. The new audio ramp-up firmware for the STi has the 33.8 bugfix built into the firmware.

Old Timer

Are you sure? This is news to me Memtek. I saw a lot of manufacturing variance w/ the 33.8 "supposed" bug at our testing event 2 years ago. Freebird, when I get a chance I'll check all 3 of my Bel STi's against 33.8 and let you know how they react.

The new audio ramp-up firmware is supposed to incorporate all previous bug fixes, including the fix for the infamous 33.8 bug. Anyway, it better since I was told that the new audio ramp-up firmware does incorporate the 33.8 bugfix. I will be mightly unhappy if it doesn't!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
    The new audio ramp-up firmware is supposed to incorporate all previous bug fixes, including the fix for the infamous 33.8 bug. Anyway, it better since I was told that the new audio ramp-up firmware does incorporate the 33.8 bugfix. I will be mightly unhappy if it doesn't!
    oh wow that would open a whole big ole can of worms now woudnt it.

I picked up the unit and its right in the middle, after 33.8 and before ramp fix.
    2508 build date.

$150 bucks is a steal proudNMAmember. I would of jumped on that too.

Old Timer

I don't know how I come up w/ these deals Freebird but I am at least prepared. LOL