Good Citizen

Default What's wrong with my RX65

Hey guys,
    I just brorrow my friend's Be RX65 to test how i like it before i buy it. So far i'm not impress. I dont know why but when i'm driving around the city, my laser detection goes off. It goes off like 5 times a day and i know there isn't any cop that use laser, The KA band has never went off before. Also i was driving to a friend's house last night and the laser went off. I'm postive there aren't any cops around because my friend's house is in the boonies. It also went off when i'm driving through my neighborhoood. Kinda werid huh?

I had tested a V1 before and never gotten a laser while driving to these areas. Both radar were used for a week
    Does anyone what's wrong with the rx65?
    thanks

Good Citizen

It may be your cell phone positioned too close to the RX65. I get laser falses when certain people call my cell phone 8)

Speed Demon

Hmm... and your not near any airports at the time of the laser alerts. That's way too many falses on laser. Sounds like it's time to get that RX65 serviced. I own a RX65 and I am tottaly pleased.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    Hmm... and your not near any airports at the time of the laser alerts. That's way too many falses on laser. Sounds like it's time to get that RX65 serviced. I own a RX65 and I am tottaly pleased.
    I do live kinda near an airport. It's like 5min-10min drive? But i wouldn't think it would cause a laser alert becuase i thought the laser range was only like 2000ft? If the airport did cause the laser alert on the rx65, wouldnt the laser alert on the V1 go off too? i travel from home to school with the v1 for a week, never got a laser alert. I travel from home to school with the rx65 for a 2 days. at least 10 laser alert already.
    The V1 is supose to be a better laser detector than the rx65, so if the v1 laser never went off, why would the rx65 go off?
    Maybe i got a crappy rx65? could be

Administrator

Default Laser Alerts????

Many airports and weather reporting stations use wind shear monitors that use laser. These monitors drive many radar/laser detectors bonkers..

Another thing that may set them off are the aftermarket LED tail lights that some cars/trucks use.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    Quote Originally Posted by aust3333
    I do live kinda near an airport. It's like 5min-10min drive? But i wouldn't think it would cause a laser alert becuase i thought the laser range was only like 2000ft? If the airport did cause the laser alert on the rx65, wouldnt the laser alert on the V1 go off too? i travel from home to school with the v1 for a week, never got a laser alert. I travel from home to school with the rx65 for a 2 days. at least 10 laser alert already.
    The V1 is supose to be a better laser detector than the rx65, so if the v1 laser never went off, why would the rx65 go off?
    Maybe i got a crappy rx65? could be
    Yeah seems like the airport may be out of range for you to receive that many alerts. All I can suggest is to get it checked out.

Radar Fanatic

Electrical noise. Try it another vehicle. I'm guessing that the laser falsing would stop. If that's the case, post back and i'll tell you what you need to do.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Electrical noise. Try it another vehicle. I'm guessing that the laser falsing would stop. If that's the case, post back and i'll tell you what you need to do.
    Well when my friends used it in his car, he say he doesn't get laser often so electrical noise could be the problem?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Well when my friends used it in his car, he say he doesn't get laser often so electrical noise could be the problem?
    Sounds like the electrical noise might be the problem. What you need to do is install what's called a filter capacitor. If you're familiar with electronics, you can do it yourself, or a car audio shop could do it for you.

Get a 470 microfarad ceramic or mylar capacitor. Get one with a 25 volt rating or higher. Solder one lead of the capactor to the ground side of the lighter socket and the other side to the +12 lead going to the socket. Cover the extra leads from the capacitor with electrical tape or heatshrink and you're set.