Newcomer

Default RX65 settings for Kansas City area?

After about 4 years of using my Bel 890 (I received no tickets), I decided to upgrade to a RX65. I live in Kansas City, MO, and travet to KS everyday for work. I just got the thing two days ago and have been playing around with the settings. I have set city mode to LoX, set Ka to USA, and turned on POP. I've gotten 3 false POPs in two days and I'm thinking of turning it back off, but I don't know how safe that is. I'm also thinking of turning X off completely as I have never confirmed an X hit in the last 4 years.

Is there anyone who lives in the area or has enough knowledge of the area to suggest some good settings for me?

Speed Demon

I personally use INTL mode with POP turned off. USA mode will produce many falses with POP mode activated. Also, I use Highway mode all the time, because it is the most sensitive.

Newcomer

Thanks. I will give those settings a try. I don't have a problem with false alets as those come along with the sensitivity, but the POP falses scare the crap out of me because they are full blast from the start. I guess I'll just have to try different settings for a while to see what works best for me.

Also, can anyone confirm X-band/LASER use in the area? I've never gotten a laser hit in the city either. I've only gotten those on the open highway by the HP. Again, all this is based on the 890, so I don't know how reliable that info is.