Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
The town PD just north of me has a Stalker ATR that is switchable between 34.2 and 35.2 GHz. I have seen it in operation on each frequency.
All my RDs, both BELs and V1s, can pick it up at least a half-mile away on a road with a similar curve. When it was connected to a speed trailer I got to do a lot of testing against it with repeat runs.

IMHO, if the radar in your case was constant on, then you should be getting at least a half-mile warning. A quarter mile is very short range given the radius of that curve. The STi really should be doing better than that.

GTO_04

Wow! That is so neat. I had no idea that Stalker had produced an ATR model with switchable frequencies. Hmm...maybe the gun was a very briefly manufactured model? Yet it is interesting that I have seen individual Stalker ATR units which operate on either 34.7 or 35.5 (actually around 35.4).

Maybe at some point you can have a chat with the officer using that switchable Stalker ATR. It would be neat to see photos of it.
Most of the LEOs on that department refer to it as "the antique." The Stalker Dual SL is more deadly. I have not seen the ATR as much the last month or so. They got some Decatur handheld K band guns to play with now. I will ask about it though.

I think it was an earlier model with a limited manufacturing run. I got that information from Don Sawicki who wrote a book on police radar.

GTO_04