Default Choosing between Bel Sti and Sti-r

I am interested in getting my hands on either the Sti or the Sti-r. Now im not too sure what the advantages the Sti-r has over the Sti but maybe you guys can help me out. Also, i live in Aus and from what i hear the Sti here is called Sti-xr. Are there any difference between the Australian and Us model?
    And one more thing, if i choose to go with the Driver version of the Sti are there any installation guides out there for it? if so how hard is it to install?

Cheers

snoopyc4

Default Re: Choosing between Bel Sti and Sti-r

Quote Originally Posted by rick_james View Post
    I am interested in getting my hands on either the Sti or the Sti-r. Now im not too sure what the advantages the Sti-r has over the Sti but maybe you guys can help me out.
    STI-r is beats the STI in every category. Here are the advantages it has for the STI:

1. Stealth- The STI-r is a remote RD. This allows you to choose where to put the radar antenna, control module, and display.

2. Performance- The STI-r has better detection range against all radar bands than the STI.

3. Visibilty- If case your car gets broken into, the thief won't be able to take your STI-r (thats assuming he knows what it even looks like). Also, if you get pulled over by a LEO, the officer won't be able to see the STI-r either.

And one more thing, if i choose to go with the Driver version of the Sti are there any installation guides out there for it? if so how hard is it to install?
    Installation guides come with both the STI and STI-r. The STI installation is not too difficult; if you feel you can't do the installation yourself, your local car audio installer can do it for you.

Thanks for that. What about the differences between the Sti-r and the Aus model Sti-XR?

Speed Demon

Thanks for that. What about the differences between the Sti-r and the Aus model Sti-XR?
    The difference between the Sti Driver and the Sti XR is the sticker.

Yoda of Radar

The STi-XR sounds like a rip-off to me.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...australia.html

There are replies in your Introduction thread too, so be sure to check back there.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I am interested in getting my hands on either the Sti or the Sti-r. Now im not too sure what the advantages the Sti-r has over the Sti but maybe you guys can help me out.
    STI-r is beats the STI in every category. Here are the advantages it has for the STI:

1. Stealth- The STI-r is a remote RD. This allows you to choose where to put the radar antenna, control module, and display.

2. Performance- The STI-r has better detection range against all radar bands than the STI.

3. Visibilty- If case your car gets broken into, the thief won't be able to take your STI-r (thats assuming he knows what it even looks like). Also, if you get pulled over by a LEO, the officer won't be able to see the STI-r either.

Installation guides come with both the STI and STI-r. The STI installation is not too difficult; if you feel you can't do the installation yourself, your local car audio installer can do it for you.
    I almost feel like you're bashing the driver.
    Which makes me sad.
    Because I just thought about going -R, and for financial reasons, went driver.
    Purchased a couple days ago, will receive it tomorrow possibly.