ES13Raven

Default RX65 continues to impress... (BEL Please read)

I have had my RX65 for about 3 weeks now, and I am very impressed so far. I had a Whistler Pro 58 for about 5 months before I got the Bel, and a Radio Shack POS for several years before that. I chose the RX65 because everything I researched about the "big 3" said that the RX65 has the best range and sensitivity without too much falsing.

It definitely has good range, but I have only had 1 LEO encounter so far (Ka). What impresses me the most is the increased filtering capability. I drive in the same areas a lot and I would get X and K falses like clockwork in certain areas. With the RX65, it has filtered out about 80% of the K and X falses that I normally saw.

I ran with X band disabled for the first 2 weeks, because I am 95% sure that the LEOs in my area do not use it (PD use K and CHP use Ka). Since I was getting such good results with K band filtering, I decided to turn X back on to see if there was improvement there too. There definitely is! There are still a few falses, but not nearly as much as with the other detectors.

I have not had a Ka false yet, and I have POP on! No POP falses either.

The only thing I would like to see from Bel in the next firmware for the RX65, is a City mode for K. I don't want the sensitivity lowered, but maybe a visual alert but no audible alert until 3/9 or so. There are just too many automatic doors now that use K band. At least give us the option of having K in a highway sensitivity or a city sensitivity.

I have tried having Ku and SWS on, but I have not had a SWS message yet (does that work anywhere in the US?) and I have not had a Ku false. Good to know that I already have the ability to use Ku if it does end up coming to my area.

Experienced

Default Re: RX65 continues to impress... (BEL Please read)

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    The only thing I would like to see from Bel in the next firmware for the RX65, is a City mode for K. I don't want the sensitivity lowered, but maybe a visual alert but no audible alert until 3/9 or so. There are just too many automatic doors now that use K band. At least give us the option of having K in a highway sensitivity or a city sensitivity.
    I agree with this idea! Definately alert after 2/9 or 3/9, and automatically alert upon short bursts ala "Instant-On"

I also have to agree.

How hard would it be to implement a feature in software that allowed for the sensitivity of each frequency to be customised?

I would love to be able to customise my K band so that it only alerted above 3 bars. With this I would never have to hear another false ever again. Yet will always pick up any real danger due to having a stronger signal. .

BTW I have a 995 located in Australia

Good Citizen

I have had two instances where the SWS was activated. It was kind of neat. One was a fire truck and the other an ambulance. Not a lot of places have the system in place. It is generally in major cities.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    I have had two instances where the SWS was activated. It was kind of neat. One was a fire truck and the other an ambulance. Not a lot of places have the system in place. It is generally in major cities.
    Is there information online somewhere that tells you what cities do have SWS?

I tried searching Google, with no luck.

Administrator

Default SWS

Is there information online somewhere that tells you what cities do have SWS?
    There are no cities/states that have implemented SWS that I know of, the company that makes the transmitters have gone bankrupt

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...detector/4.asp

SWS - Safety Warning System
    Radar Roy calls it the SMS for show me a system! Innovative Technology Systems ( www.innovative-tech.com ) was formed to develop the Safety Warning Systems that were supposed to form part of the National Highway System. The idea was to have transmitters located on the highways that would transmit warning messages to approaching vehicles. The idea was brilliant, the follow through poor. Radar Roy knows of no police department or Highway Department that has ever purchased one of these transmitters. If you go to the company's website, the last update was made in October 2001. Someday this technology may be available, but for now don't let it influence your buying decision.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Professional

i used to have SWS along with ku band enabled on my v995. when i turned them off, the detectors performance was slightly increased. the normal door falses i would get came sooner (by maybe a second or so). this is becuase the LO doesn't have to scan for those areas and can focus on the radar bands that you will most likely see. i doubt we will ever see ku in the US and if we do, i'm sure it'll be all over this board before you know it. if i were you, i'd turn them off so your detector can scan more quickly.
    heres a thread where jim cleared this up for me --> http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=5223

Radar Fanatic

the reason for the high sensitivity and no alert adjust is because when you encounter instant on you may get only a few beeps simlair to falses before you get targeted and then its full alert and too late to brake!