Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default STi-R RDR on or off?

My Sti-R settings are 2-5-8 ON and RDR OFF

Default factory setting is RDR ON...
    How come most Sti-R user has RDR off???? with OFF,I'm getting 1-2 Ka false a day......

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: STi-R RDR on or off?

Quote Originally Posted by sniper4usmc View Post

How come most Sti-R user has RDR off???? with OFF,I'm getting 1-2 Ka false a day......
    1-2 Ka falses per day are not acceptable for me. Since 99% of the radar contacts here in SoCal are Ka band, I need to take every Ka alert seriously. Blowing off a Ka alert and getting smoked a mile down the road by I/O could easily happen, when 1-2 Ka false alerts per day becomes the norm.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post

1-2 Ka falses per day are not acceptable for me. Since 99% of the radar contacts here in SoCal are Ka band, I need to take every Ka alert seriously. Blowing off a Ka alert and getting smoked a mile down the road by I/O could easily happen, when 1-2 Ka false alerts per day becomes the norm.
    I been getting 33.xxx and 35.xxx false Ka Alert(but V1 is Quiet)...Maybe I should run RDR ON....

Experienced

Running the STi-R on segmented Ka should cut down the falses.

Yoda of Radar

I been getting 33.xxx and 35.xxx false Ka Alert(but V1 is Quiet)...Maybe I should run RDR ON....
    Totally up to you. You know what the downside is, false alerts.

Professional

I run RDR ON, due to the high number of false KA alerts from other detectors in my area.

RDR off does slightly increase range of the detector but you will pick up some cheap detectors in the process. If the falses (which are Ka from the cheaper detectors ) are bothersome to you run it with RDR on. I prefer off and search for the source keeping my eyes active. The detector with RDR on is no slouch.

Power User

most falses from other radar detectors will be in the 33.xxx range. If you know for sure that 33.8 Ka is not used in your area, you should be ok with RDR off if you have 33.xxx blocked on the STI-r. And blocking the high end of the 35.xxx, the end that 35.5 ka guns don't use, you should be ok. I plan on getting an STI-r and trying this.

Radar Fanatic

I have turned RDR back on due to falses. I will turn it off in the mountains and other situations, but for day to day stuff, RDR will probably stay on.

Experienced

I have turned off segment 2 on mine because I have yet to run into a officer running 33.8 in my county. The other reason is that I know if I do run into a cop that is running 33.8 my V1 is sure to pick it up.