Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Re: Belltronics STI-R?

^^ Wish I could help on that one but they dont use 35.5 in this area. Hopefully I will find out on my trip in 2months time.

Professional

I guess also what I'm really curious about is how well my Cobra and Whistler units are actually doing. Like I said, it's hard to tell how they perform compared to other detectors when you don't have another non interfering detector running next to them.

Yoda of Radar

Nothing on the market is more sensitive that the STi-R against 35.5Ka. The STi-R and the 9500ci use the exact same radar antenna and are very similar in performance. My 9500ci is noticably more sensitive than is my V1 against 35.5Ka, especially off-axis and forward-facing. This encounter happened just yesterday and a good example of how the M3 Belscort remotes compare against the V1 on 35.5Ka.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoW7V2Y1dOQ"]YouTube - 1.6 Mile Forward Facing 35.5 Ka.wmv[/ame]
    Last edited by djrams80; 11-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Nothing on the market is more sensitive that the STi-R against 35.5Ka. The STi-R and the 9500ci use the exact same radar antenna and are very similar in performance. My 9500ci is noticably more sensitive than is my V1 against 35.5Ka, especially off-axis and forward-facing. This encounter happened just yesterday and a good example of how the M3 Belscort remotes compare against the V1 on 35.5Ka.

YouTube - 1.6 Mile Forward Facing 35.5 Ka.wmv
    I didn't know that you had any experience with the STI-R. It's settled then, I have officially decided on the STI-R. I will probably get a V1 to go with it next year. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Last edited by djrams80; 11-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    I didn't know that you had any experience with the STI-R.
    I have very little experience with the STi-R, but I do have a ton of experience with the 9500ci, which uses the exact same radar antenna as does the STi-R. There is very little difference in performance between these two units.

It's settled then, I have officially decided on the STI-R. I will probably get a V1 to go with it next year. Thanks for everyone's input.
    I'd say this is a wise choice. You'll still be able to buy a V1 next year, but you'll probably have a very difficult time finding an STi-R. If you want an STi-R, you'd better get it now.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    I didn't know that you had any experience with the STI-R.
    I have very little experience with the STi-R, but I do have a ton of experience with the 9500ci, which uses the exact same radar antenna as does the STi-R. There is very little difference in performance between these two units.

It's settled then, I have officially decided on the STI-R. I will probably get a V1 to go with it next year. Thanks for everyone's input.
    I'd say this is a wise choice. You'll still be able to buy a V1 next year, but you'll probably have a very difficult time finding an STi-R. If you want an STi-R, you'd better get it now.
    Luckily I know where to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    Thank you for showing me that, I totally missed that thread. I didn't know the STI-R did that well against QT.

You mentioned that the STI-R was cheaper which in fact is not the case. Yes they have been discontinued and discounted by they are a well built sensitive system that will preform equally if not better than anything out on the market. These units when introduce where $1100 without installitation. In my opinion the STI-R is the best detector that has ever been marketed and sold. It is the best of Beltronics and with Ka segmenting that will most likely never be offered again. Though there are a ton of V1 zombies out there those V1'ers that have purchased and set the unit up correctly have seen the merits of a truely fine peice of electronics that will be near impossible to surpass.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    How is the off axis range on 35.5 compared to a V1? If you don't have a V1 just tell me your opinion of the M3 platform on off axis 35.5. When you get your V1 don't expect much from 35.5.
    More specifically off-axis. On axis, the V1 will outperform M4 Belscorts.

Street Lawyer

It will be interesting to see STi-R reactions vs. the previous Whistler/Cobras, he'll finally realize that Cobra is missing a lot more then alerts