Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

So Dr. Jim what do you think of a test of one of Roy's units and a china one from ebay?

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Limited Atonement
    ES13Raven
    I see you have a W58 my Mom wants one but she will not send over $100.00 (no matter what!)for a Radar Detector is the W58 worth the $100.00.
    Yes. They are a great bang-for-the-buck, but night and day compared to the RX65. You can get them new for under $100 shipped.

Advanced Member

That might be cool... One of these times we're going to test a few of each detector if we can, so that the results will show if there is any "manufacturer variance" between different units.

Jim

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    That might be cool... One of these times we're going to test a few of each detector if we can, so that the results will show if there is any "manufacturer variance" between different units.
    I think that is a great idea for GOL.... Haven't seen SML or anyone do that. You could then take the average of say 3 of the same models - unless one was waaay off. :wink:

Good Citizen

I love my RX65!!! It's been great and I always get a good warning...My friend has the V-1 and it's not that big of a difference from what i can tell...We have done our own test between the two (Not as professional as the GOL rest, LOL), but I don't feel there is justification in paying more for the V-1...Maybe you just have a defective RD...

Radar Fanatic

i think everyone whos interested with this idea should chip in through Paypal(to one of the GOL's) then have GOL buy an rx65 or x50 off ebay, test it, and if its a good detector then raffle it off. just an idea

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    i think everyone whos interested with this idea should chip in through Paypal(to one of the GOL's) then have GOL buy an rx65 or x50 off ebay, test it, and if its a good detector then raffle it off. just an idea
    I would donate $10 to that....

Yoda of Radar

I would try those settings and give it a month chance. You have only had it for 3 days.
    That is what I'll do.

ES13Raven
    I see you have a W58 my Mom wants one but she will not send over $100.00 (no matter what!)for a Radar Detector is the W58 worth the $100.00.

You could also try the BEL E795, it is only 80bucks now (on sale) at RadioShack and for that price this detector is the best I have seen. I am currently testing the unit and find it to be more then ample as a backup for near anyone, or a main unit for anyone who speeds maybe 5 over, or sometime 8mph over. It is a very easy to use, straight forward detector that falses very little (less then some higher end units) and I dont think you will get more for the money. 'Boomerman' actually has a comparison on these exact two detectors 795 VS. Pro58.

Here is the thread: If you want the jist of the whole Pro58 vs 795 report, go to 'page 3', (no not the skimpy dressed girls 'page 3', for the European counterparts who may know what I'm joking about ) WELL skip to page 3 and read what 'Boomerman' thinks overall, and I also have a few added parts here and there on my escapades with this under 100 detector.

http://radardetector.net/BEL795-vs-W...RO58-5766t.php

You could also try the BEL E795, it is only 80bucks now (on sale) at RadioShack
    Thanks AirMoore for the link.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Default Re: Do I have a Defected Bel Rx65 Unit?

Could any one that has a Bel rx65 (software 4.5) tell me if I have a Defected unit
    What country did it go to?