Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    i think everyone whos interested with this idea should chip in through Paypal(to one of the GOL's) then have GOL buy an rx65 or x50 off ebay, test it, and if its a good detector then raffle it off. just an idea
    I would donate $10 to that....
    as would i. whos with us?

Newcomer

Hey All,
    I am a board newbie here and have been following some of these posts concerning the RX65. I just purchased one 3 weeks ago off ebay. I hope I did not make a mistake! It was advertised as new, came in the original plastic wrapped box with all papers and parts. I use it in the city mostly, and use the Autoscan mode. I get alot of K, KA alarms at about 3 bars max but never see any LEO in the area. Any suggestions for driving in the Dallas, TX area as far as custom settings?
    I purchased the radar from ktel6547 (ebay seller, perfect feedback), I paid $219.00 for it and he offered a 3 year warranty for an additional $28.99 (I passed on the warranty). Anyone have any info on this seller?
    I will continue to read and post as I would like to get maximum usage from my radar and keep abreast of future upgrades etc...
    Thanks,
    Myles

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by burner42
    Hey All,
    I am a board newbie here and have been following some of these posts concerning the RX65. I just purchased one 3 weeks ago off ebay. I hope I did not make a mistake! It was advertised as new, came in the original plastic wrapped box with all papers and parts. I use it in the city mostly, and use the Autoscan mode. I get alot of K, KA alarms at about 3 bars max but never see any LEO in the area. Any suggestions for driving in the Dallas, TX area as far as custom settings?
    I purchased the radar from ktel6547 (ebay seller, perfect feedback), I paid $219.00 for it and he offered a 3 year warranty for an additional $28.99 (I passed on the warranty). Anyone have any info on this seller?
    I will continue to read and post as I would like to get maximum usage from my radar and keep abreast of future upgrades etc...
    Thanks,
    Myles
    The alerts your getting are false alerts (automatic doors and such) remember its a RADAR detector not a cop detector. not all cops have radar and any cop that does have a radar unit in his car does not have to have it on. just search around the board and youll prob figure everything out there, if not make a new topic :wink:

ES13Raven

I just purchased one 3 weeks ago off ebay. I hope I did not make a mistake! It was advertised as new, came in the original plastic wrapped box with all papers and parts. I purchased the radar from ktel6547 (ebay seller, perfect feedback), I paid $219.00 for it and he offered a 3 year warranty for an additional $28.99 (I passed on the warranty). Anyone have any info on this seller?
    Well, I believe that is below wholesale cost, so the unit is definitely not brand new unless it was stolen. Most likely is it refurbished and repackaged. Your warranty from Bel is now void, and if you need to send it in for repair - you will pay $89 or around there.

Did the unit look new once you opened it? What firmware revision is it?

Does it have black or blue lettering on top?

Advanced Member

i think everyone whos interested with this idea should chip in through Paypal(to one of the GOL's) then have GOL buy an rx65 or x50 off ebay, test it, and if its a good detector then raffle it off. just an idea
    I would donate $10 to that....
    as would i. whos with us?
    Not really worth it considering that some of the detectors bought off E-Bay would act just like they are suppose to...My BEL came off ebay cause my father didn't know any better when he was replacing my rx65 that he "borrowed" from me then let get stolen out of his truck...

I'd rather see the testing of 5 identical detectors from an authorized dealers go head to head and see how much varies there is

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

I just purchased one 3 weeks ago off ebay. I hope I did not make a mistake! It was advertised as new, came in the original plastic wrapped box with all papers and parts. I purchased the radar from ktel6547 (ebay seller, perfect feedback), I paid $219.00 for it and he offered a 3 year warranty for an additional $28.99 (I passed on the warranty). Anyone have any info on this seller?
    Well, I believe that is below wholesale cost, so the unit is definitely not brand new unless it was stolen. Most likely is it refurbished and repackaged. Your warranty from Bel is now void, and if you need to send it in for repair - you will pay $89 or around there.

Did the unit look new once you opened it? What firmware revision is it?

Does it have black or blue lettering on top?
    Raven,
    Hi, thanks for the response, Yes the unit appears to be brand new, if it was repackaged they did a hell of a good job! It has black lettering (with white writing), I tried several times to access the firmware version (power on, hit city/brt simultaneously during power up) all it does is go through the power up mode then stops on PILOT HWY (HWY flashing). It never shows the firmware version...
    Additional info on RD bottom label, Beltronics, 162009-00 (upper right hand corner), serial number AG034758 3705, FCC ID: QL4G1S7

Am I doing something wrong in trying to retrieve the firmware version?
    Thanks,
    Myles

ES13Raven

Power it off, hold down the CITY and BRT buttons and keep them held down, press power to power it on, and the firmware version should flash quickly so pay attention. :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Do I have a defected RX65 unit?
    Yeah maybe it defected from Canada?

Newcomer

Power it off, hold down the CITY and BRT buttons and keep them held down, press power to power it on, and the firmware version should flash quickly so pay attention. :wink:
    Got It! Version 4.5

ES13Raven

Raven,
    Hi, thanks for the response, Yes the unit appears to be brand new, if it was repackaged they did a hell of a good job! It has black lettering (with white writing), Got It! Version 4.5
    Additional info on RD bottom label, Beltronics, 162009-00 (upper right hand corner), serial number AG034758 3705, FCC ID: QL4G1S7
    That seems like a pretty new unit. The serial number is higher than mine.

Hopefully it works well for you. Keep us informed. 8)