Could any one that has a Bel rx65 (software 4.5) tell me if I have a Defected unit are am I expecting to much from it?
Here are the Symptoms.
1) I was following behind a LEO for approximately 12 miles this morning and only picked up Ka band (less than 50-80 feet no car between us) 3 times for no more than a few sec. at 2 to 3 bars, only one time out of the 3 it indicated full signal it lasted 2 to 3 sec.
2) I was pulling around the back side of a MacD after a long needed piss brake and only when I was in the line of sight of a different LEO (local) did the unit pick up the signal it was a K band (3 bars) he was less than 120 feet away.
3) Every morning I pass a road side speed indicator (for lack of a better name) it has a K band, with a straight Hwy the rx65 picks up the signal a miles away 1 bar then move up until it reaches full signal right close to the sign it decrease as I drive away from it notably close to the same rate (ok I guess?).
4) Closed to the same location a LEO is parked there every morning (heavy road construction) At appox 100-150 yards I pickup 3 bars Ka band now in this case the car is turn face the other lane (as if I was behind him) as I pass him I read no signal after around 100-200 yards (I think at this time the signal should increase to a full signal but it stay the same 3 bars).
All this Morning! I drive 105 miles round trip every morning.
2 days ago
1) I was in the line of sight of LEO he was shooting me dead on at 200 yards max Ka band 3 to 4 bars I move to the right lane no Bars.
2) Passed a LEO I was going west, his car was pointing (parked) west to shoot east bound traffic (4 lanes) only pick him up for a few sec.100 yard behind him and 100 yard running parallel to him.
Iíve had the unit for 3 days now it is set to Hwy. (max) with all band and laser active.