Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: STI-R or wait?

  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default STI-R or wait?

    So i'm thinking about buying an STI-R, but I don't know if i should wait till something better comes out, or get it now?

    Will anything better come?

    I have a STi-Driver and V1 at the moment. But I met up with Category4 and saw his 9500ci, and i really liked the little displays. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pensacola, Florida, United States

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    The 9500ci uses the same antenna and comes with laser jammers. They aren't the best jammers for big trucks, but I'm just parroting what I've heard others say in this forum. If you have a smaller car then the 9500ci wouldn't be a bad choice either. If you have a big truck or something you should probably get the STI-R and get some good laser jammers.

  3. #3

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    I'd get the STi-r NOW. It was discontinued so it will be harder and harder to find one. The range on the STi-r against all radar bands is incredible and no other remote RD has Ka segmentation. It will be a nice addition to your V1. Arrows + Spec Mode

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    If its in your budget, get the STi-R now. Its going away and retailers are throwing it out the door for much less than retail. We don't know of anything better coming out in terms of sensitivity, and right now you can pick one up for a little more than the cost of their lower performing remote RDs at Belscort.

  5. #5
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    719, Colorado

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    I'd say get the STi-R NOW as well, they're cheap and no other remote mount has the KA segmentation which is one of the key features that makes STi-R outweigh the 9500CI.

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Orange County,CA

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    I bought 2 Brand New STi-R in past months..
    paid $545 and $440
    I think u should buy it NOW

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper4usmc View Post
    I bought 2 Brand New STi-R in past months..
    paid $545 and $440
    Do you guys know of some online dealers or local dealers selling hard install for under $500 ? I am in the Salt Lake City UT area.

  8. #8

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    STI-R now or never. There won't be anything out there so don't wait.

  9. #9

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    be careful who you buy it from not all sellers are authorized. if they are on Bel's unauthorized list they will not warranty the item.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

    chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

  10. #10
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    SW FL

    Default Re: STI-R or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bolt View Post
    When did the STi-R start going out the door and why?
    Seems strange to not know for sure about a improved replacement model.

    Lack of sales would be my guess.

    It's an awesome detector, but I never thought its performance justified the original retail price. $1,100 IIRC.

    I mean, it is more sensitive than my (previously best detector) V1, but not almost 3X the price better.

    But when the price came down around $600? The Sti-R's extra sensitivity and stealth were worth that for sure.



Similar Threads

  1. buy pro 78 or wait for the 695
    By speedcrazy in forum Whistler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM
  2. Can not wait to see who and what comes out next
    By DOUG in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
  3. Should I wait.
    By EsseX in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 04:59 PM
  4. Buy now or wait?
    By AirMoore in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
  5. Wait for the new XTR 560 or buy the Pro 73?
    By PJ Steamboat in forum Whistler
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts